lowboy

42" RD deck blades

lowboy

can someone confirm a PN for blades for a 42" RD deck; number 15-42rc01? the toro site and others list blades, but then say "side" next to it (as in side discharge?) im confused and dont want to buy the wrong ones.

gwest_ca

I see Toro 106635 3-blade kit but also Toro 14-4879 kit for another $15. Possibly this last one is if the recycler baffles have been added as some models will take them.

Belt chart that does have the odd mistake in it

Garry

Forest Road

There's typically a number stamped in the blades. May have to clean them to find it. That number is typically an Oregon part#

Kurt-NEPA

I just put a set  of Toro 14-4879 blades on my 42 RD.  They fit nicely.  Much heavier blades than the Oregon blade that are commonly available.

The 14-4979 is a 3 blade set (3 of part number 79-2920 blades). They are the 14-1/2 inch long blades for the rear discharge mower.  I think the 42 SD takes a shorter blade.

I'm not sure about the model number for my deck, but it came with my 1988 520H.  All the 42RD models I could check took the same blades so I took a chance and everything is fine.

• Like 1

persof

My 42" Rd deck has blades marked REX805 and  105837.   At the show I bought blades that I was told were for my deck and they say MDE8322 and 1108.

My original blades are 14 3/16" long and these new blades are 13 7/8" long. I think I was lead astray.   I cannot find a cross reference for the new blades or any info on who made them or what they actually fit???

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Francis

gwest_ca

105837 replaced by Toro 106586 3-blade kit

Hole 5/8in.x3/4in. Double-D

Have seen them listed as 14-1/2" but don't know for sure.

Garry

skrusins

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

I bought and received today gator blades for my 42" RD deck the Oregon no. is 96-303.

The Oregon site states the blades are 14 1/2" long with 3/4 in center hole.That was wrong.

The center hole is .705", it was no problem to open the hole to 3/4". I use a drum grinder on

a Dremmel and work great. As of today 4/27/2014 they work great.

over60pirate

I will remember that  Oregon number ( 96-303) so I don't order them.

When I order something, and it is wrong and doesn't fit, they can send me the correct ones, and pay for return shipping. 

Do you know the correct Oregon number for 42" rd blades