huntforlife

Drive belt issues

huntforlife

I have an '87 308-8 (21-08K803) and replaced the drive belt with a Wheel Horse 108501.  Long story short, after installing the belt I have hardly any clutch pedal.  Maybe a 1/4 of the throw it used to have.  Checked the belt #s twice against the partstree website and it's the right belt according to the diagram.  I am 99.5% sure the belt is routed correctly.  I checked it against some pictures I found online.

Anyone have any clue as to what is causing this?

BTW, this site is awesome!  I can't wait to start restoring my 308.

gwest_ca

Belt chart shows 7473 belt for the 308-8.

108501 fits some of the models with hydro transmission. Only 1/2" difference in length but guess it makes a difference.

Here's a link to the chart

Garry

huntforlife

That figures.  Guess I'll run down to the shop tomorrow and see if they can order that belt.

Thanks Garry!

huntforlife

Next step is finding a drive pulley.  The one I have on there is missing about half of the clutch material on the face.

Cant complain for a free tractor though.

smoreau

The clutch plate is not part of the pulley, it just bolts to it. They are about $60 new. Or you could find a good used one on fleebay

huntforlife

Thanks for the heads up Scott.  I haven't taken it off yet, so I didn't know it was bolted on.  I think all I have to do remove the set screw from the keyway and it should slide off from the way it looks.

Have to do something soon because I sliced the sidewall of the Scag tire this morning, so no mower.  Story of my life.

Chris