smoreau

520 1990 oil leak at bearing cover

smoreau

Just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of before I pull the cover to replace the gasket. I checked the onen manual and I see the bearing, spacer, and the thrust washer that I have to be careful of.

Martin

Only thing I can think of would be to be patient removing the cover. They are usually pretty tight on there and you want to be real careful to not damage either the block or bearing shell for the crank. Knowing you Scott, I'm sure you will be fine. Just make sure you support the crank a little and gradually work the bearing plate off, don't get it kicked out of line with the crank while taking it off.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin

Not leaking from the cam end plug at all is it, Scott?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoreau

you can see the split in the gasket right next to the bearing oil feed hole. Just picked this tractor up from another member that got it on trade and didn't want to mess with it. 1990 520 with a 60" deck. its got a lot of gremlins and warn parts, but the price was very fair and i am happy with the purchase! 

• Like 1

km3h

Here is a YouTube site that shows you how to rebuild the whole engine. Once there you will find all kinds of videos on Onan rebuilds and repairs.