bmsgaffer

42" deck, odd hangers

bmsgaffer

I have another issue identifying a deck. This deck I have is in incredibly good shape, but I have never seen hangers like this before.

All of them have been straight, why is this one offset in the back?

I have looked through quite a few IPL's and cant find this one. It has the posts for the external deflector (which I understand are pretty new-ish), the wheels in the back are on a solid bar instead of brackets.

I am fairly certain that I pulled this off of the C-165 I got and I think it was hooked up correctly, but I can't be sure. Will this fit on my C-145 when I get home?

post-6955-0-64457800-1400591104_thumb.jp

Don1977

The attachment bar up front is also backwards from other decks with the sleeve on the right and the fork on the left. I don't see a reason why  it won't

work on your C-145.

bmsgaffer

So that front bar will NOT fit on the attachmatic the way it is in the picture. It interferes with the attachmatic locking mechanism by like 1/16".

I had to reverse it to get it to bolt up. My tractor has some issues with the lift bar and so that wasnt working right and now I have to figure out if it was the belts, or the PTO that was slipping badly in the heavier grass.

Anyone seen this carriage before? I'm really stumped and to what it is or where it came from.

bmsgaffer

So no one has ever seen this type before? It is definitely a WH deck and definitely goes to an attachmatic system BUT...

The rear mounting bracket that has the angle going to it interferes with the 8 speed drive belt guide. And apparently can mangle it pretty bad (did not notice this upon assembling it, just when there started to be drive belt shavings flying around)

So in the last week I have ruined TWO $30+ belts. One brand new drive belt on the wheel horse and a brand new blade belt on my snapper pro walk behind (long story, but involved deck adjustments and LOTS of smoke).

bmsgaffer

Sorry, I have to bump this up again guys. I would like to sell this deck as it does not fit the C series. Does anyone recognize the mounting carriage so I know what this is supposed to mount to?

Kelly, Dave, any of the parts guys?

Kelly

Never seen one like this, but I can sell you the right hanger to make it fit your tractor, it looks like all you need is the rear mounting bracket, and the bar going from front to rear. everything else looks normal. 

C-101plowerpower

it looks kinda familiar, i'll take a look at mine when i get the chance.

Koen

bizzo15

Just a shot in the dark but is it possible it's from the 5--xi series of mowers?

bmsgaffer

The XI series has a very different mounting system.

I am very surprised you have never seen anything like this, Kelly! A standard hanger setup wont work (i have one) because the square holes in the deck (in that bent part) are offset to the center. I could just drill new ones, but I was hoping to get this to a good home on something it fits.

Very baffling!

Kelly

You have a correct right side rear bracket? for a normal deck, and it will not line up? from here anyways it looks like it should. 

Brackets have to be from a side discharge deck, not a rear. 

Edited by Kelly

Desko

Maybe its off a 60" deck?

Edited by Desko

stratostar250

I looked for about a half hour, because I am curious as well as everyone.  I'ma keep an eye on this thread though, incase anyone figures it out.

:popcorn:

stratostar250

The other weird thing I noticed was that the height adjustment lever gets pulled inward, towards the tractor. Isn't that different? or have I just not seen enough decks? :scratchead:

bmsgaffer

I did not compare the adjustment levers, but Kelly was right.

The other carriage just bolted right up (luckily had a spare!). For some reason, no matter how long I stared at it, I just thought the bolt spacing was not the same.

I still have no idea what that carriage fits up to.