Sign in to follow this  
bell

Please help me identify this engine...

bell

I just bought a 633 and it has a Craftsman engine on it...

I'm wondering what company built the engine... Are parts still available? Also would like to know what horsepower it is... The guy told me, but I cannot remember... :banghead:

It looks like a STOUT unit and I would like to use it.... Thanks for any input, Jon

Craftsmanengine001.jpg

Craftsmanengine002.jpg

Craftsmanengine003.jpg

Craftsmanengine004.jpg

Craftsmanengine005.jpg

Craftsmanengine006.jpg

Craftsmanengine007.jpg

Craftsmanengine008.jpg

Jim_M

That engine was built by Tecumseh.

linen beige

Google Sears parts and enter the model # without the spaces. They show this engine schematic and a good number of the parts are still available from Sears. They are not cheap, but if Sears has them, they are probably also still available from other sources for far less.

pond195520032003

definitly tecumseh :omg: if you look at the engine(flywheel side) at the lower left corner of the block, wipe it off and you will see numbers :banghead: either 10, 12, or 14! this will be the engine size hp :USA:

bell

AWESOME! Thanks guys... I got out my old Technical Publications small engine book and it has all the craftsman- tech cross references.... I think I'm gonna just leave this engine where it is! :banghead:

Matt (the guy I bought it from) said that it ran GREAT... He put aluminum foil over the carb/ exhaust and sealed it up well... I don't think he would have done that for a "questionable" engine... :USA:

bell

BTW, it's a 12HP and it fits the 633 rather well.... :horseplay:

Now I just have to adapt a delco (or other?) Starter/ Generator to it.... :banghead:

Thanks guys!