Flatheadpete

Been riding my 'new' Horse since I was 10!

Flatheadpete

When I was growing up my grandparents lived on Sage Lake up in Hale, MI. Grandpa had this sweet tractor that I always sat on whenever I had the chance. He let me start driving it at about age 10. It has been through alot. Been flipped over, put in the lake, stuck in the mud....you name it. He passed away in 1999 and my grandmother could no longer care for the lakehouse so the house was sold and my dad took the tractor to his house in about 2006. There it sat until a few weeks ago. My wife and I bought a house with a pretty huge yard and Dad asked if I wanted it. DUH!! Took it home and did some maintenance stuff to see if it would run....no dice. Cleaned the tank, rebuilt the carb, new plug and a coil and she runs like a top!

Anyways, glad I found this place. I look forward to learning all I can about my 1965 856. Thanks for letting me ramble.

86DCB87E-69C2-4E85-883E-B14FA58C96CE.jpg

CA69B870-ED65-401E-8F63-463C90BE9B4F.jpg

Edited by Flatheadpete
  • Like 6

AMC RULES

Yep, you've done your Grandpa proud.

:WRS:  

km3h

That's a great story. Your grandfather is watching with a big grin on his face.

Jake Kuhn

:WRS:  Nice looking horse and a great story to go with it! Even has the hl5-light kit. Not a lot of those out there.

Gunny

You can never  "ramble" too much about Grandpa's stuff!  This is what it's all about, at least to me.  There is always a story to tell about Grandad and his little red tractor...... 

Flatheadpete

:WRS:  Nice looking horse and a great story to go with it! Even has the hl5-light kit. Not a lot of those out there.

That's what I'm finding out.  The original switch was pretty frozen up from sitting outside so I took a toggle from the dash of my Model T hot rod project and ran new wires.  It's the first time I've seen them work....ever!  And they're really quite bright!

The other mower in my pic is my 1964 Toro.  Don't know much about it other than it cuts really nice and my 10 yr old loves to mow with it.  All old stuff all the at my house!!

• Like 1

chazm

WELCOME TO :rs:   Nice story :handgestures-thumbupright:

Sparky

Mike............

Amanda

Welcome!!

can whlvr

953 nut

:WRS:   It is always cool to hear a third generation :wh:  story. Like the Toro mower too.

:text-welcomeconfetti: