apandit

Neutral/Park gear problem

apandit

Hello All

Just joined the forum - I have the following problem with starting wheel horse 212-5 1989.

Tractor in Nuetral/PARK, blade off, brake on, sitting on the sit - turn the ignition - NOTHING.

Same thing as above but the tractor not in the Nuetral i.e. in gear - the tractor start and runs fine.

Any ideas? Help would be appriciated.

Desko

Bad switch maby?

apandit

Hello Desko

Thks for your response

I think so, how can I find out where this is located and is there a way to test it)

Save Old Iron

here is a location to download the wiring diagram

Save Old Iron

starter circuit

post-1689-0-19490100-1400231598_thumb.pn

apandit

Thnks a lot for all your suppport - I will test out and give feed back so other users from forum can benefit.

Save Old Iron

neutral safety switch may be wired improperly

normally open and normally closed terminals on the neutral switch may be reversed

apandit

HEllo All

Thanks for your excellent support and input.

This what I did after input from all.

1. Remove the battery,

2. Close the feul tank valve, remove the fuel tank bolts and move it out of the way to get access to the wires.

3. Follow the wiring diagram to the switch (it is a small white switch)as above from Save old Iron.

4. The wire seems to be connecte however one them had come off and was sitting on the connector (giving the impression that it was connected, also cleaned the gear lever - a lot of muck.

5. Cleaner all the point with a brass (soft) wire brush and re-connected to the switch point.

6. Re-assemled.

7. Started the wheelhorse - problem solved.

Greate little tractor - thanks for all your support and help.

Save Old Iron

thanks for the feedback

glad everything worked properly