jdleach

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but has Vinylguy or anyone else thought about reproducing the later year VIN tags? The newer tags invariably become quite faded with age and are illegible. Since I know the true VIN of my '85 312-8, it would be nice to affix a new tag once I repaint the tractor.

Martin

I got Terry to do some of the later 90s ones for one of my 416s. He also made a plow blade tag for me in the same style to replace the old metal tag........

post-4321-0-89913500-1399668886_thumb.jp

not sure if he has the late 80s early 90s style though......

post-4321-0-87581600-1399669344_thumb.jp

or the early 80s one.......

post-4321-0-37751200-1399669538_thumb.jp

Edited by Martin

jdleach

Martin, it is the last tag, Before Toro bought out the company. They are essentially a plasticized paper with the type-written serial number. I was fortunate to get a tractor whose paperwork was still with it, and thus know what the VIN is. Besides that, If you look closely with a magnifier, and in the right light, you can still see the numbers. Given that I wash and clean the tractor regularly, that poor tag is not long for this world.

In addition to a new tag, I am considering stamping the VIN somewhere on the frame, aka: big tractor style.

Martin

Im sure if you contact Terry he can work something out for you. Just send him a pm and ask him about making them.

Terry, if you are reading this and  you need a better pic or dimensions let me know. Would be nice if it could be scanned but i don't want to dismantle the hood stand for that.

jdleach

Thanks Martin. Will check with Terry when I get the chance.

Aussie

Terry does the earlier style for the 48" mower decks, I think the tractor decal is the same size for the year.