Camdg2010

Got that free toro WH!!!!!

wh500special

Wow, you're making nice headway with the wrenching. 

Go to Toro.com.

Click on "PARTS"

Enter the tractor model number in the box.  I used 73550.

Find the exploded diagram for the lower steering assembly.

When you do this you will find the part number for the broken component.  It's listed as the "Housing, Power Steering".  Click on the part in the part list.  Click on "Buy Online"  It will show the price as $65.78.

I didn't list the part number here.  Please look it up and verify it as listed above.

Steve

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice tractor, better price. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Glenn

gwest_ca

Illustrated parts lists for the 2000 and 2001 522xi are now in the library

2000 522x1 early model 73561 Serial 000000001-000999999

2000 522x1 early model 73561 Serial 200000001-200000200

2000 522x1 late model 73561 Serial 200000201-200999999

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/3770-tractor-2000-522xi-late-ipl-wiring2-3324-380pdf/

2001 522x1 model 73561 Serial 210000001-210999999

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/3771-tractor-2001-522xi-ipl-wiring-3325-562pdf/

Garry

Camdg2010

ok guys, (garry) the part is this : 10 94–7581 1 Hsg – Power Strg 

(Mach) its the power steering housing and at my local toro shaop its 66 bucks and thats with shipping! so i gotta take this one down and see if its what they say it is on their manual and if so i should have it back together by next week (the end of). thank u Garry for all the help!

km3h

Doesn't it amaze you what folks will just give away. We have become a throw away society. The average Joe will not get things repaired. They simply toss them on the garbage heap and go out and buy something cheaper. That is one fine machine and will probably outlast you.

Edited by km3h
  • Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

If you go to ebay, search 518xi, there are some parts listed, steering parts. one part looks like the part you have shown.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Glenn

dbartlett1958

Doesn't it amaze you what folks will just give away. We have become a throw away society. The average Joe will not get things repaired. They simply toss them on the garbage heap and go out and buy something cheaper. That is one fine machine and will probably outlast you.

I have a brother in law like this. My favorite relative because he gives me all his hand-me-down broken stuff. Usually easy fixes too.

Forest Road

You shouldn't have a problem getting that. If you can't find one let me know. It's at our vacation home. I'm planning to be up there in a few weeks. PM me for more info.

Camdg2010

well guys... i ordered the psh, it should be here next week! just put new oil and a new oil filter on and she purrs like a tiger! this thing runs like a dream! i cant wait to drive it! i checked and made sure the hydrolics worked and they do! the only other thing i need to figure out is how the snow blower mounts...i will try to upload the vid i made of it....! thanks for everyones help! the guy at the shop said he bets this tractor will live for many MANY more years! and like everyone else says... i got it for free so i cant complain on spending money on parts for it! 

heres the vid link: 

Edited by Camdg2010
  • Like 1

Rick_in_CT

Well, if you decide that the tractor is not for you after you install the part, I'm sure that there are a few folks on here who will cover the $66 bucks that you have got in it and take it off your hands.

I have the same tractor and snow blower.  If the snow blower is the two stage 44", I have attached the manual for it here.

I attached a few pictures of the snow blower in use.  Some are from a blizzard in 2013 where we got about 40" of snow.  My driveway is 550 feet long, and the blower takes care of it.  It does go through quite a bit of gas during a big storm.

When it comes time to deal with the snow blower, don't hesitate to ask questions.  I completely disassembled mine once and repainted it, so I am real familiar with it.

Rick

522xi Snow Blower Parts Manual.pdf

522xi Snow Blower Operator Manual.pdf

post-8836-0-31747900-1399718347_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-73030400-1399718494_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-47633200-1399719065_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-29641700-1399719066_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-90934300-1399719066_thumb.jp

post-8836-0-58410500-1399719067_thumb.jp

Edited by Rick_in_CT
  • Like 2

km3h

Two stage blower is worth it's weight in gold. I have a single stage and it will ice up if the snow is wet.

Camdg2010

ok guys, ive run into a problem (i think), while its running the battery light stays on, but if you giggle the key just right it will dim out but still be on..... is it my ignition switch? all relays and fuses are working.... ive read somewhere that alot of people have this problem... what is the fix to this?

jackhammer

Deals such as this are once in a lifetime ..   and the knowledge base here as you have seen is inexhaustable. I believe everyone is pulling for you . Good luck with that steering part and 'Great' find

km3h

Try spraying some electric contact cleaner into the switch and using the key work the switch through all contacts back and fourth. Be a good idea to remove the switch before doing this. WD 40 might work, but I like to use electrical contact cleaner.

wh500special

The battery light flickers on and off on both of my 522's.  I've never investigated why on either, but the fact that it's consistent between them (and yours) isn't making me rush into fixing them.  The batteries in mine both still charge, the lights work, etc.  I put a volt meter on the tractor when it was running one time and don't recall seeing anything that jumped out at me as a worry-about-this-now condition.  Seemed like the voltage was in the 13V range which may not be high enough to turn off the light. 

When my last battery was brand new, the light stayed off.  A few years later and the light flickers...especially when only being operated for short periods of time.

Verify that you're changing and not overcharging.  I'm not sure what you can do about this.

Steve

gwest_ca

The charge light is driven by a battery light module. Check the battery voltage across the battery posts and see if it is the same as the voltage across the black and pink wires at the module with the key in the RUN position.

Garry

Camdg2010

well guys, i got that part, total was 71 dollars... so i put it on, took her for a rip snot, came back and had to re align the steering piece that the tie rods connect to...got that fixed and now its set! just put the blower on... what an easy job that is!!! want to put the deck on but it sits to low for my garage because of the lip piece the doors sit against.... so i had to put 2 pieces of wood under each front tire to lift it high enough for it to go in,,,, it still rubbed but man.... let me tell u! what a solid find!!! thank you all for the help!

• Like 1

km3h

Don't you just love it when A plan works.

Forest Road

When you have some to pull the sheet metal and give the pedal linkage a good going over. Mine was extremely loose and missing a couple nuts. Good as new in an hour.

Camdg2010

anyone know where to find a snow cab for it? i would like to build my own custom cab but i want it more or less permenent because where i mow it blows all over me and it gets in my eyes and mouth and in winter im gonna need it for the snow anyways... heres a pic of what im thinking... maybe a little taller BUT NOT TO TALL because the snow cab looks goofy 

post-12934-0-42542000-1400297880_thumb.j

Rick_in_CT

Good to hear that your got our steering system fixed.

The snow cab in the pictures that I posted earlier was the factory supplied cab, and it was made by The Original Tractor Cab Company (originalcab.com).  They still list a part number for the 5xi tractor on their web site.  You might get some ideas for a custom build by looking at the photos of their cabs on the web site.  I only use the cab during the winter, and with the blower you really need it.  I don't think it would last too long if I used it year round, as I think the sun would have a negative effect on the vinyl, and it would get brittle pretty quick.  I think with some thought, you could build a year round cab.  My cab is currently sitting upside down fully assembled in the garage, let me know if you want some photos of the interior frame work.  I also have quite a few pictures of the framework attached to the tractor, that I can provide. 

Another site that you might want to get some ideas from is Curtis Cab (curtisindustries.net).  They make hard sided cabs for compact tractors.  These are more of the year round type of cab.

For use cutting grass, you would want to have some good ventilation, as it could get pretty steamy in there during the hot summer months.  During the winter, the cab never warms up from the engine, so I don't think that there is much heat transfer coming back into the cab.  Noise inside the cab is also a consideration.  I always wear hearing protection when using the tractor.

Keep us posted.

shallowwatersailor

anyone know where to find a snow cab for it? i would like to build my own custom cab but i want it more or less permenent because where i mow it blows all over me and it gets in my eyes and mouth and in winter im gonna need it for the snow anyways... heres a pic of what im thinking... maybe a little taller BUT NOT TO TALL because the snow cab looks goofy 

I would suggest that you make the door the full side. That way you can access the gas fill without needing to work around it. Try "Googling" Toro 5xi cab and you should find some European tractors with cabs.

post-3066-0-09797900-1400326868.jpgpost-3066-0-98224200-1400326929.jpg

WNYPCRepair

Holy crap! I just spotted this looking for why my battery light stays on. What an awesome find!!

Anyone have a part number for the battery charge module? I don't see it in any parts list.

Edited by WNYPCRepair

Brian01

Wait...wait...wait...you got the machine and all attachments, for FREE!?

Ill give you double what you gave for it! lol

Naw, great find though...wish I were that lucky. I'd settle with finding 1 free attachment.

• Like 3

RMCIII

Depending on what you decide to do for the cab, a suggestion would be, to have (2) sets of doors. (1) that would be used for summer with a "mesh" type lining, the other (1) for winter with the "vinyl" or some other material.

RMC

• Like 2