Sign in to follow this  
formariz

kohler k91 fuel pump

formariz

Does any one know how this is connected, besides the obvious ends for fuel lines?

post-484-0-81634900-1399001502_thumb.jpg

gwest_ca

See if this will open for you

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=kohler_engines&mn=K91-31512+SIMPLEX+MFG.+%284+HP+%283+kW%29+SPECS+2650-31997%29&dn=catalogs_11871

Looks like a block with a vacuum port is installed between the carb and the engine but just a guess. Don't know what the elbow would be for.

Garry

formariz

Thanks Garry.

I got this thing on the way to me. Lets see if I can make it work. I guess it is really rare when no one seems to know about it. 

gwest_ca

It only shows up for 5 applications and who Kohler produced them for is in the file names. Threw my paper away but could look them up again if it would help. I went to

http://www.milacalawn.com/pages/OemParts

and did a search for the 220784 part number under Kohler.

The spec numbers will come up after clicking on Select Model

Garry

formariz

Following your link I was actually able to get an exploded view for all parts to one of those engines, the one for Simplex Mfg. They show pump again but not how its connected. There are however some really crazy types of carburetors/attachments for these few engines. I am beginning to get the feeling that this pump was designed with one of those in mind. Lets see when I get it and can see all the necessary connections on it ( seems to be 4) if its going to be possible on a regular K91. I do have a block with a vacuum port for these carbs, however it looks like there is something else to it.

Gizmo #999 to keep the old mind active.

buckrancher

see next post

Brian

Edited by buckrancher

buckrancher

post-591-0-57072500-1399253574_thumb.png

formariz

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:  The Master Fabricator comes through! Thank you so much Brian. Where in the world did you find it? I have looked for hours on end!

So it works differently than what I thought. The threaded part is what feeds carburetor. Awesome.  My intention for it is on the RJs that sometimes get a little fuel starved when on an incline if tank is not completely full. Hopefully it works well. This thing seems to be really rare. I have only come across two of them so far.

Thank you.

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: