marky

axle bearing

marky

i need some bearing for my wheel horse 753. it is a 1960. i need them because there was water in the axle. i need all the bearing for the axle. email me if you got any?

Edited by marky

groundhog47

Do not mean to cut anybody else out, but there is a co. on eBay that has a really good price on nearly all the needle bearings. Beats paying local supplier as they now want to charge you shipping for what they don't have but can get. After three or more places shipping gets high. Ask me how I found out, luckily they found some they could ship from their warehouse, then I found these on ebay and ordered a gob of them. Then found some others I needed and they added in at same shipping. Look for Torrington bearings.

Also in case you don't have the cross reference will copy/paste post here.   by stevasaurus in transmissions). 

Hum, I show 753 as 1963 with 1" axels and the carrier bearing 1533,  2 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/2, very rare ,but some one here will have them, ebay rare and super high on them. Racinfool40, Mike might have some and the rest but think he orders as needed on the regularly found needles. Don't forget you'll need all the seals too. Stevasaurus may have some of the gears if is still a three (4) speed (not changed to 8 spd)

If all else fails try a Koyo supplier, the open ended bearings are easier found than closed end, they use a similar number as Torrington (id in 1/16th" increments by bearing length in 1/16th" increments, exam B-108 = open end 10/16 id" x 8/16 lngth" or 5/8" x 1/2" (thanks to stevasaurus again) M-1012 would be a closed end)  

Oh, yes, :text-welcomewave: to :rs:  :wh:  

Edited by groundhog47
  • Like 2

prondzy

Unless the ball bearings are destroyed and you have a lot of side play I would just reuse The ones you have, clean the cases put in new needle bearings and put in clean fluid. These are low speed rear ends and you shouldn't notice any problems. But if you think you need new 1533 I have 3 NOS pm me if your interested.

stevasaurus

marky...Welcome to Red Square  :)  Sounds like you have the trans split already...can you post some pictures?  You have the Wheel Horse #5025 3 speed uni-drive in your horse.  They are right above...the 753 is a 1963 horse.  With some pictures and a little more info we can point you in a direction to buy the right parts.  All the bearings and seals in that trans are available from parts houses...except the differential carriage ball bearing #1533.  We have a few guys on site that sell good used ones...and like above...a couple of guys may still have some NOS #1533 ball bearings.  Show us what you got...we can help.  :)