kenbro

Changed decks, need belt size

kenbro

I recerntly purchased a 42inch rear drop deck to use with my 312-8. The id#on deck is 0542MR04  81751.. I am looking ror the length of belt that i need to use the rear drop deck. Any info would be greatly appreciated..

gwest_ca

Operator manual

IPL

Garry

kenbro

Garry, Thanks much for the info..I viewed those pdf files and did not see anything on the length of belt needed other than instructions to obtain the belt id from the belt. Trouble is I have never used this deck on my tractor and I do not have a belt to measure or read. I had a 36 inch side discharge deck which I am assuming takes a longer belt as it also drives the spindles where the rear drop deck has a separate spindle belt.

gwest_ca

This chart has the belt dimensions on the last pages

If you don't get an original belt make sure you get one that is powered rated and designed to be used on flat idlers where the belt is bent backwards. FHP or fractional hp belts use the same numbering system but are not up to the task.

Garry

kenbro

Got it, thanks much for the help. I look forward to using my Wheelhorse to mow with. Have been using my Craftsman for the past year while looking for another dech for the horse.

PMaine

I just bought some belts of ebay for cheap money and so far I am impressed with the quality. I bought an 89" and a 98" (one for mule to deck and one for deck spindle to deck spindle- cant remember which does which?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200856128422?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Free shipping and I got it in 2 days!

daveoman1966

s/b belt # 1-8834.   1/2 x 98"