wheelhorse-c-161-1979

C-161 1979 Dumb owner can't figure out mower attachment!!!

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

Well folks, I fully admit I feel like a total idiot.

I bought my wheel horse c-161 with a mower snowthrower, snow plow attachments.  No problem hooking up the snowthrower. The WH worked like a charm. Install was easy too.

Now I took off the snowthrower and figured that I'd hook up the mower attachment. How hard could that be?  Done it on a bunch of other tractors since I was a kid.

This time I admit, I am stumped. Can't find a step by step guide to get this bugger connected. So i feel like a complete moron!!!  Can't seem to find a step by step manual on this site for this nor any youtube videos.

Can any tell me how to go about it?

I did figure out the front belt drive hooks up easily . But it has a weird belt setup. Does the front axle sit in between the top and bottom of the pto drive belt?

Beyond that, I'm not sure how to go about this in the normal way to get this lifted correctly.

If anyone could help give me the step by step of what comes first etc… It would be great. I have attached some pics.

Thank you!

Jack

post-11966-0-61005000-1398549958_thumb.j

post-11966-0-08093000-1398549961_thumb.j

post-11966-0-58029600-1398549963_thumb.j

post-11966-0-70476300-1398550008_thumb.j

daveoman1966

This may help...

You should also be able to download a .pdf for instructions on deck model # 05-48MS03 or similar as the lift connections is virtually the same for these decks.

daveoman1966

cownload this .pdf ... it is the deck installation manual

wheelhorse-c-161-1979

Thank you both so very much! I think this is EXACTLY what I need.   I'll print these out and thanks to a little help from you guys I might actually get this mower deck hooked up!
I'll keep you posted.

All the very best,

Jack

Sparky

Here's a play by play on how to remove a deck. It might shed some light on the install steps.

Mike.............

• Like 1