Sign in to follow this  
KC9KAS

New to me....Slot to Sleeve adapter

KC9KAS

Just received a slot to sleeve adapter for my Brinly plow.

20140425_162254_zpsilmdwfm2.jpg

• Like 7

squonk

That 's a different style adapter that I haven't thought of. I always see the slot bars that have the pin hole and adjusting bolts in them. Looks awesome!  :bow-blue: Now lets see it in action! :)

KC9KAS

That 's a different style adapter that I haven't thought of. I always see the slot bars that have the pin hole and adjusting bolts in them. Looks awesome!  :bow-blue: Now lets see it in action! :)

I am not sure if this is factory or homemade, but the vertical piece is welded at a slight angle so the plow sits even side to side when the right wheel is in the furrow.

When I bought this I thought I was getting the type you are refering to, but this will work too!

squonk

If you look at the piece you took off the plow you will see  the "twist" in it so the plow sits level. Is that the plow with the depth wheel?

KC9KAS

If you look at the piece you took off the plow you will see  the "twist" in it so the plow sits level. Is that the plow with the depth wheel?

Yeah, the piece for the sleeve hitch had a bit of an angle to it....same as this piece. and yes, this plow has the depth gauge wheel.

• Like 1

squonk

OK!!  :)  :thumbs: Is there a plowing video coming soon?  :)  :)

KC9KAS

OK!!  :)  :thumbs: Is there a plowing video coming soon?  :)  :)

Not sure. We don't put out a garden and I already plowed dads last fall.

I could go over to the neighbors front lawn....or maybe the church yard up the street.......

Tankman

Used the same setup 40 years ago, slot hitch. I used one wheel and plow from an old farm gang. Bent a piece of flat bar and welded it to the plow assembly.

Worked fine but, was I surprised, my first attempt at plowing front wheels were a foot (or more) in the sky!. Second plowing I had front weights on the old Horse.

Made a frame, bolted to the Horse's front frame, that held several suitcase weights.

I was, and the neighbors were, amazed watching the 8 HP Wheel Horse plowing. That old Horse did a great job besides infecting me with WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction).   :laughing-rofl:

MalMac

I have an adapter just like that. it's factory original. I myself I like the slot adapter over the clevis. I have used both.

KC9KAS

I have an adapter just like that. it's factory original. I myself I like the slot adapter over the clevis. I have used both.

Do I have in installed correctly, or do I have it upside down?

Reason I asked....I tried to plow with it this way and couldn't get the plow to go more than 2-3" deep....

AMC RULES

Flip it, see what happens.