Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

First Ride on the 753

T-Mo

Update on my "freebie" 753. First off, if anyone recalls or cares, I picked it up a month ago yesterday. I had it running a few days later. It badly needed front shoes, so it got tires Monday. I tried to start it again, but had no spark. I'm thinking one of two things, either a bad connection on the coil wire, or more than likely, weak battery not providing enough juice to the coil wire. I charge the battery, put it back in this evening. I finally got the pump primed and it started.

Anyways, I was able to drive it around for the first time. She runs good, but I think it still needs some adjustment on the high speed idle needle. Also needs a muffler (a continuing theme with my horses). Also I aired up the rears Monday and they were almost flat again. Dry rotted pretty bad. But, I'm happy that I was able to drive it around - drove it for about 10 to 15 minutes. :banghead:

Rollerman

Good deal Terry, glad to hear you got the old round hood moveing under it's own power. :banghead:

kpinnc

Glad to hear it's running Tmo! :banghead:

Kevin

combatmp29r

Thats awesome T-MO. Always nice to get one of the old girls movin under their own power :banghead:

tasmi01

:banghead: Great job getting it up and running sounds like a great find :USA:

MaineDad

Terry,

Have you checked the condenser? I had to really sand down the area that I connected the condenser to for a clean contact. Napa sells those condensers real cheap too.

I tried everything until I realized it was just a condenser problem.

Suburban 550

Way to go T-MO ! Great to see the old girl up and running.

T-Mo

Micah,

It's getting good spark now. I talked this over with an electrical guy and here's what we think happen Monday evening. I put in an old battery - it would crank it, but as it was cranking it was robbing juice from the coil wire to do so. And it was cranking slower than I thought it should. So I charge the battery for 24 hours and immediately put it in and then I checked for spark. It was getting some this time. So - conclusion - weak battery. Or just a weak connection.

I would of have my wife take pictures of me driving it around, but I didn't want to scare away any newbies..... :banghead:

Now I need the proper seat and to readjust the carb, rear tires and a quiet muffler.

traktorkidd7/30/93

Sounds like progress is moving pretty fast...

Keep on :horseplay: :banghead: