JamesC-120

wheel horse dump cart value.

JamesC-120

I have one of these wheel horse dump carts that is all original and is very faded orange, I was wondering the value restored and not restored? I also found another one on craigslist for $50 but it has no wheel horse sticks and is not red but appears to be wheel horse, is that a god deal?

post-11263-0-83451500-1397745072_thumb.j

Lane Ranger

I would say so!   It may be a non-wheel horse cart made the same way by the manufacturer.   a wheel horse cart should have a metal tag -like yours does on the tongue of the trailer!

Tankman

Paint the cart WH red of course and then visit http://www.redoyourhorse.com for updated decals.

Rustoleum Regal Red easy enough to spray paint with rattle cans.

No rust, tires OK, nice condition? $50 isn't bad at all.  :)

KC9KAS

I agree with Lane & Tankman!

Paint it red and it will be Wheel Horse!

JamesC-120

How much is the original wheel horse dump cart restored worth?

rexman72

depends on what part of the country you are at.

bmsgaffer

Unfortunately (or fortunately) tractors and implements are not really setup for value. You will see this time and time again on here:

It is only worth what someone will pay for it. Tractors and attachments are generally worth more to the person owning them than the person buying them and restorations rarely if ever are worth more when done than the time and materials invested. The more rare, generally more value, and even then people are looking for original, unrestored in good condition. Carts are not rare.

I doubt you will change the value much by restoring it even if it were done perfectly. I think in this case, if the cart is in decent shape, you may actually LOWER the value by restoring it.

Since garden tractor collecting hasn't really hit mainstream, there aren't any resources we have as far as value except the experiences of others on here. I know people have gotten/given the big square carts for free, and some pay top dollar for decent condition tub carts (with the slanted backend).

I doubt you will see a value over $75 to $100 even if fully restored.

Shynon

I just bought a Toro/wheel horse one like the one pictured. Had different wheels and was well used for 40

Tom

JamesC-120

Well yes it depends on where you are but I just sold a 4 wheeled wagon for 400