kludden

Is this a original Wheel Horse attachment

kludden
Hi!
I just wonder if this roller is a original Wheel Horse part attachment?
How will I mount it on my WH charger 12?

Regards
Kludden

post-12424-0-61456800-1397469476.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Is there anything inside for weight ?   Looks like it was designed to be a rigid mount and the adjuster crank would have been used to create down force.  But there would have to be some sliding  of the roller when turning.

shorts

It looks like a seedbed prep roller that is sometimes used behind a set of disc's for a final leveling of the soil

kludden

Thanksfor the answer. No weights in the roller. It flattens seedbed really good without weight.

I just have some wood fixed to it, so I could drag it behind my tractor.

Regards

Kludden

RMCIII

It looks like a seedbed prep roller that is sometimes used behind a set of disc's for a final leveling of the soil

Yep! Nailed it.. But as you see, it appears to be missing the front portion of the clamp that holds it to the rear axel...... It mounts to the rear axel and the crank is used for more or less down pressure as Ed had mentioned.... It could also be used for a final prep of the soil for gardening if one wanted to ensure any remaining clumps were broken up......

shorts

RMCIII reread my first post, attaches behind the set of disc's, bolts right to the disc frame and transfers weight from it

kludden

Thanks everybody!

RMC11 you dont have a sketch or something that show the missing part?

Regards

Kludden

RMCIII

RMCIII reread my first post, attaches behind the set of disc's, bolts right to the disc frame and transfers weight from it

Shorts, I did read, no worry though Kludden was asking where it went on the tractor... Nothing was mentioned in your origional post of where "on the tractor" it mounted, hence my post of the "rear axle"..... Regardless, it appears as though that one does not have holes drilled in the frame by they open end of the "C" where it would slide onto the axle... Some have holes drilled to drop a bolt through the hole after it slides onto the axle. Others have another "C" section that then clamps to the front side of the axle, which would secure the roller completely, then to the tractor... I tried to find a photo to give you an idea, no luck... I will keep looking.

kludden

Hi!

See attached Picture. I Think the C will fit over rear axle and the bolt will be connected to the slot hitch on tractor.Could it be correct?

Regards

Kludden

post-12424-0-70080800-1398321714.jpg

RMCIII

That looks correct. But generally there is another half "c" piece that would then cover the front of the exposed 2 x 4. It appears this one does not. I see no wear marks that would indicate something is missing.

RC

kludden

Hi RMCIII!

I will test this mounting later in spring, but now it works with my wooden parts :)

Regards

Kludden

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Hi!

See attached Picture. I Think the C will fit over rear axle and the bolt will be connected to the slot hitch on tractor.Could it be correct?

Regards

Kludden

If the length from the back of the axle to the bolt hole is correct, It should work with only the one bolt in the hitch.  You may need to attach it to the fixed drawbar hitch instead of the slot hitch. The floating  slot hitch would lift and  not allow you to use the tractors weight to apply down pressure to the roller as the fixed drawbar would. :twocents-02cents: