JT Burkard

B100 mower deck lift lever help - Missing piece?

JT Burkard

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and Wheel Horse tractors in general and just signed up in hope that some one can guide me. I just pick up a 1977 B100 this week and I am trying to get it back into usable form. The lift lever is not attached to the mower deck and I need to know what I am missing. Is this a bar/chain/rod that is connecting the two? I downloaded a couple manuals but I didn't see anything on the mower deck.  I took a couple pictures showing what I am looking at. Any help is greatly appreciated.

post-12852-0-38560000-1397441207_thumb.j

post-12852-0-43730500-1397441212_thumb.j

post-12852-0-90271500-1397441213_thumb.j

Also I am looking at the PTO and the pulleys and was wondering how this all works. Is it multiple belts or one belt that loops around? It seems a little odd angle on the front mounted pulley and then it has to twist to line up with the deck pulley.  Again, thank you for the advice.

post-12852-0-84723600-1397441195_thumb.j

post-12852-0-56961000-1397441203_thumb.j

JT Burkard

Brick, NJ

Sparky

A piece of chain would work in there since you don't need down pressure with a mowing deck.

Mike..........

Don1977

A chain works better as it doesn't bind up like the rod and trunnion.

JT Burkard

Thanks for the quick response. In my intro post one of the other guys gave me the exploded parts view. Looked like the rod and trunion were missing. I might just run over to hardware store for some chain and a couple bolts and see if that works. Right now its hard to move this over grass as the front roller on the deck is digging into the sandy soil here. Thanks for the advice.

daveoman1966

From your pics, I can see you are missing two (2) parts known as 'rod and trunion'.  One of them is for the lift hardware..10" long or so,  and the other is much shorter that connects to the gage wheel bar in the back.  This is really tough to explain and here are a few schematics.

The belt routing is also shown, athough I have an Electric PTO on mine, the routing is the same. 

You need the rod and trunion part # 5 and 7 in the 1st schematic and # 7-49 and 7-50 in the 2nd 

Here is a pic of the 10" rod and trunion for the lift bar...I don't have a pic of the shorter one used at the gage wheel bar in the rear.

Edited by daveoman1966

JT Burkard

Thanks Dave. I have a better understanding on how the belt is routed now. I believe I have the shorter rod (#7) already there. In the 2nd picture you can barely see the L shaped top below the attachment hole. As for the other, I might try a length of chain and see if that works.

daveoman1966

I tried a length of chain too, but it rattled so much my sanity was wanting out.  Attached the rod and trunion instead....much better. 

JT Burkard

One of the members contacted me and said he has a rod and trunion. I'll get them from him so i have the right parts. You guys have been very helpful.

Next project is pulling the carb and cleaning it out. It doesn't run unless I squirt fuel directly into the carb. Fuel pump is working so my next guess is its gummed up from sitting.