Sparky

Aftermarket Kohler carb??

rustykan

Did anyone make any alterations to the choke configuration? Seems like it is backwards.

pacer

Yes, forgot all about that little glitch - I removed the butterfly and shaft from my old carb and put it in the new. Those two teeny screws can sometimes be a booger to get out what with being brass. I broke one of mine off and the other rounded so bad as to be unusable, I think? I found that they were 4-40? anyway I retapped them and used button hex heads as replacement. If the screws come out its an easy swap over...

• Like 1

ericj

i've been told those screws are peened  over so they son't back out and fall into motor

eric j

rustykan

Yes, forgot all about that little glitch - I removed the butterfly and shaft from my old carb and put it in the new. Those two teeny screws can sometimes be a booger to get out what with being brass. I broke one of mine off and the other rounded so bad as to be unusable, I think? I found that they were 4-40? anyway I retapped them and used button hex heads as replacement. If the screws come out its an easy swap over...

Well, I know that both of the screws in the old one snapped off when I was taking it apart. I'll have to see what I can come up with if I can't get the broken screws out.

rustykan

Here's an update. I was able to take the cable mounting plate off the choke assembly and reinstall it in the correct orientation. I was able to peen the shaft to hold the plate on. Hope it holds! Haven't tried to start it yet, keep your fingers crossed! :handgestures-fingerscrossed: