Kelly

weather breaking the deals are coming out

Kelly

well as we all know the winter has been long and cold, so buying stuff has been limited for me, but now with the weather warming a little (it was 23 deg today) and snow melting, I'm getting calls from people wanting to sell stuff, this is a deal I picked up today, nothing great but still a good deal.

Tractor needs a head gasket that is why the PO stopped using it, it has been spray bombed but don't look to bad from 5 feet, deck has been patched, but works. I havent ran the numbers yet but I know it's a 76 or 77 B-80 8 speed with 36" deck.

post-85-0-98061200-1395590375_thumb.jpg

This was the bonus part getting a box of goodies, blades, chains, PTO parts, deck parts, and more, a very nice homemade set of weights about 75lbs each, extra set of ag tires, weathered but good tread, the orig. rear tires and wheels and a mid grader, that we found digging stuff out of the barn.

post-85-0-21131800-1395590182_thumb.jpg

All in all a good deal, even though it was COLD and windy out.  

• Like 4

squonk

I hope something breaks around here. I call on something that's been for sale for an hour and someone has all ready beaten me to it. Or I call on an ad and it's been sold for 2 weeks and the sellers can't be bothered to take the ad down!  :angry-nono:  :sad:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Kelly

Well I'm the guy the sellers call around here,  :hide:  I don't look on CL to much any more, I got tired of the no return emails or calls and the stuff that sold

squonk

The last deal I missed out on the seller 'lost my number". I bought from him before, a Raider and an RJ. Got cards made for this year. At least I can hand them out.

neil

post-2119-0-01909700-1395596881_thumb.pn                                i likes this one

rexman72

glad there are some deals out there.

hm12460

Kelly! That B-80 and grader blade sure would look spiffy sitting in the back of my F-150, dontcha think??

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Ah my could I use that mid mount grader blade. Nice score!! Horses are showing up here but no deals.

RMCIII

Yep, just check - Sandusky, Akron-Canton, and Cleveland on CL and you will see gobs of WH tractors for sale...Even 1 "XI" cheap!

WH nut

Nice little B80. How much?

• Like 1

Hodge71

Im not sure I would say deals in my area yet Kelly...my standard morning search of Wheel Horse, Wheelhorse and Toro on the local lists showed quite a few machines....from junkers that should be given away to a 520 with a 48" deck for $1300, about 5-600 too much as far as Im concerned due to the condition; and also a 516 with a single stage blower on it for $2200  :jaw:  :scared-yipes: ...I think some of these guys are asleep at the wheel and need a good shot to the head to recalibrate the system..... The 516 is nice but at that price he'll be sitting on it for a good long time before it sells at this time of year...its overpriced by at least a grand....I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a nice C-165 or 175 at a fair price

• Like 1

squonk

Yep, just check - Sandusky, Akron-Canton, and Cleveland on CL and you will see gobs of WH tractors for sale...Even 1 "XI" cheap!

must be nice! Around my neck of the woods, 2 WH's on CL at the same time would be considered a gob. And the ones on there now are sold items that for some reason the sellers won't take down. If I want to drive 3 plus hrs. Then yes there is much too choose from

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

tractorbeast

Yes--- there is alot of WH for sale in the Northeast OHIO area but most are over priced.  To many people buy strictly for re-sale, non collectors just trying to make a buck. Splash can restore, then double the price-- in their eyes- The mark-up is way to high.

DOC in Kentucky

I have the same problem here in Kentucky, someone told everybody that WH's are worth many gold bars and now there are many on Craigslist but stupid prices!!! Even junk non-runners are big bucks and there are a lot of guys parting them out for $$$. Totally ridiculous IMO!!!

RMCIII

What does the herd think a 520H with cab, 2stage blower, 48" deck and 42" tiller is worth..... Only 336hrs.....

bmsgaffer

I have the same problem here in Kentucky, someone told everybody that WH's are worth many gold bars and now there are many on Craigslist but stupid prices!!! Even junk non-runners are big bucks and there are a lot of guys parting them out for $$$. Totally ridiculous IMO!!!

Yea i hear ya. There's a 14 hp black hood that has hacked up 300 series stickers on it with a short chute snow blower and cab up north someone thinks they're getting $1700 for. :scared-eek:

There's a 416A down south (i'm not sure which L-city its in) with 42" deck that has been listed for a few months at $1100 :teasing-slap:

WH nut

Nice little tractor, thanks Kelly

• Like 1

RMCIII

Somebody else just got a deal, but I am not saying who!!!! I'll let him tell the herd.....

Kelly

It didn't stick around long, went to a good home, Thanks 

WH nut

And she is a runner, smokes a tad, but then ago so do I

• Like 2