MaineDad

1972 Case 444

MaineDad

Hi all:

So I wanted to share my most recent acquisition, a 1972 Case 444. This is a beast!

RightSideView_zpsb9af02e5.jpg

Rear_zps74895fa8.jpg

LeftSideView_zps8dcbd4a1.jpg

Came with a 48 inch snowcaster and auxiliary hydraulic valve. I will start tearing into this over the weekend :)

• Like 3

Fun Engineer

Very nice Maindad. Those are some big wheel weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2t

Edited by Fun Engineer

dodgemike

Not a WH but I would certainly be

the happy owner!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

bowtiebutler956

You know I like that beast Micah! I really enjoy my Case garden tractors. The hydraulic drive is a very unique setup on these Case GT's, and it works very well. I look forward to seeing you rework your 444. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Sparky

Real nice!  I've always wanted one of those. I bet it gives the operator the "big tractor feel".

Mike........

TravelinJavelin

hello there i know exactly where you got that from my friend Randy had restored it prior to the guy you got it from and i drueled over this thing too, i'm pretty sure this is the same one out of woodstock area

MaineDad

It sure is the one Randy did. Shawn from Bryant Pond had it. Can you send me a PM with Randy's phone number? I would like to get some more details on everything he did if you don't mind.

TravelinJavelin

let me run it by him first becuase he doesn't use a computer and just want to make sure it s all right i'm sure there won't be prob 

Ken B

I had a real nice 72 Case 444 as well. It was a beast and would push a ton of snow. Sparky is right, it does have a big tractor feel. Just be careful going down hills as it will run away if its not equipped with a holding valve. Mine didn't have a holding valve but I did take it down hills but you need to know this in advance so you can pull back on the hydro lever. Experiment on a small incline first.

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

i do know that does not have the holder valve, i've been told you got to find a case 1980 or newer to have that feature to incorporate in the older style hydraulic

bowtiebutler956

The holding valve is the same on the 200, and 400 series Case GT's. Its the hydraulic lines that are different. There are 4 different configurations of the lines. Here is a very detailed thread on the holding valve lines. http://www.case-ingersoll-tractors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=598&p=2259&hilit=holding+valve#p2259

Matt

dennist

Nice tractor Micah.

bmsgaffer

Mind letting me know what you paid for it? (PM is Ok too) I am looking at a couple and just want to make sure that I don't overspend on a tractor!