Sign in to follow this  
Rod(NASNUT)

wheel horse 701 steering wheel

Rod(NASNUT)

Is this wheel the same as the one on my 400 Surburban :USA: It is on E-Bay Item number: 230289198365 :banghead:

stevinator

Not sure what a suburban takes but it looks exactly like mine on a rj 58 if that helps. :banghead:

Kelly

I think it is, but not 100% sure, I have a 701 and a rj58 and they both have what looks to be the same wheel, so I would think your 400 is the same.

Kelly

Dang he beat me to it.

stevinator

I just compared parts lists on another site.The 400 and rj 58 take the same # wheel. 3415

linen beige

I just compared parts lists on another site.The 400 and rj 58 take the same # wheel. 3415

:banghead: I never noticed that was the number in the IPL! Listed that way in my manual for the 400 as well. The steering wheel on my 400 has part #2159 stamped into the hub. I think my RJ-58 does too.

BPjunk

The model 701 was the last year and model to use the three steel spoked steering wheel, this steering wheel was used from mid production 1956 to 1961. The steering wheel was stamped 2159.

The steering wheel on my 701 was rusted on the shaft so bad that it took 7 tons of pressure to remove it in a shop press. :banghead:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.