posifour11

k90/k91 differences?

posifour11

I am having a heck of a time finding parts for the new k90 I just lucked into. On the usual parts websites, its not listed. The k91 is and even the spec number for my engine. Help!

Lane Ranger

I know this too!   I have a K-90 block with K-91 bearing plate, magneto and flywheel parts that will work on the motor.   Not sure about other -crossover parts.

gwest_ca

Have never had a 9x engine but wonder if it wasn't simply a name change to meet the demands of the future at the time. The 1st number or numbers are the approximate cubic inch displacement and the 1 or 2 following are the number of cylinders. Took me a long time to realize that.

Garry

• Like 1

TT

The list for the K-90 & K-91 engines are combined on many parts look-up sites.

If you found the spec number of your K-90 engine and it's listed as being a K-91, that's probably why.

It's not the first time incorrect information has been found on a website and it won't be the last.

I have more faith in the OEM manuals, but they aren't guaranteed to be correct 100% of the time either.

There are differences in parts, but a lot of them are upgrades to the ignition, connecting rod style, starting system,etc. The basic design was unchanged throughout the 20 year+ production run.

If you can't find what you're looking for online, post your request(s) here. I have a couple of old Kohler dealer manuals and would be glad to help.

posifour11

Thanks guys. Y'all are helpful as always. And I know, pics needed. :)

post-8551-0-89776500-1395243177_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Desko

What year is that k90/91

posifour11

No idea. Guess I really should find out.

post-8551-0-37973400-1395794622_thumb.jp

Desko

I love how the badge tells you point gap plug gap and oil capacity. I can't tell how old it is but it looks old

• Excellent 1

Tom minick
On 3/19/2014 at 6:34 AM, TT said:

The list for the K-90 & K-91 engines are combined on many parts look-up sites.

If you found the spec number of your K-90 engine and it's listed as being a K-91, that's probably why.

It's not the first time incorrect information has been found on a website and it won't be the last.

I have more faith in the OEM manuals, but they aren't guaranteed to be correct 100% of the time either.

There are differences in parts, but a lot of them are upgrades to the ignition, connecting rod style, starting system,etc. The basic design was unchanged throughout the 20 year+ production run.

If you can't find what you're looking for online, post your request(s) here. I have a couple of old Kohler dealer manuals and would be glad to help.

Would points and condenser be different?