Sign in to follow this  
bell

Bought another one... ROAD TRIP!!!!

bell

The main problem I've found, so far is... The guy told my buddy that It ran decent, then the head gasket started leaking. He said that he pulled the head, and a couple of the bolt holes were stripped... So, he said he drilled all the headbolt holes out and re-tapped them.... Yes, it is the H60 (aluminum) :banghead:

BUT, the heads of the bolts appear to be the right size, so..... HOPEFULLY, there was no drilling/ tapping...... It has great compression though... I may just leave the head alone as long as I can... He said that after he fixed the head gasket, he went to start it and had no spark.... so he parked it in the shed and hadn't messed with it since...

I'm gonna play around with it and see if I cannot get her running. Or, my Commando 6 may donate it's GREAT RUNNING H60 until I can do a FULL rebuild on it.

Brian1045

Nice Find!...I believe you are as nutty as I am on your methods... :banghead::USA:

I am located about 1/2 hour from Indiana University... How far from here are you?

There is a guy down here that has around 9 old WH's. He has Rangers, a GT-14, too many to remember. A crap load of parts in his shed too.

I believe he wants to sell the whole mess.