snowhound

GT 1142 Transmission Dip Stick

snowhound

I recently was luckey enough to save a GT1142 from going to the scrap yard it needs a bit of work but is pretty much all there.  Can someone tell me how long the dip stick for the transmission should be from the bottom of the cap to the end?  Right now I only have the cap..

Thanks.

Snowhound

Desko

I will look on my GT 1142 does it run and it should be a long dipstick you can get one on eBay and the trans take 2 quarts of 80w-90w I don't know what the motor takes as the one on mine was blown up bit I'm pretty sure its 1.5 quarts of 30w great tractor you won't be disappointed. Lets see some pictures of this beauty

snowhound

The gas tank is off and the fuel pump is missing but I pulled the plug and put a little gas in and it fired right up.  I have an electric pump that I am going to install under the seat.  I may hook up a temperary gavity feed tank first just to hear how the engine soundst.  I'd like to go with the original style fuel pump but any work on this one is on a tight budget and I already have the electric pump. All the safety switches have been removed and no seat but all the tires hold air and the stearing is tight.  I want to use it mostly for hauling wood and plowing snow.  I'll try to post some pictures later the tractor is at property I own and "rent" to my son that is about 20 mins from my house.  I don't have a garage but the other property does so that is where I do all the work on my horses..