Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Oops, my tractor got wet

T-Mo

I was searching for a Wheel Horse 701 for VinylGuy's request. I found one in the wfm gallery and I knew the owner so I searched his gallery on wfm for a better picture. I found this and I then remembered him doing this a few years back. So, being the good guy I am :P I thought it was worth a gander here:

wet_140.jpg

There are more pictures in his gallery if anyone is interested. You can find them here:

http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/gall...g2_itemId=68213

There was another member there who did something similar, but I can't think of his name or I would post them here for all to see. I know one of our members had a similar experience also. Okay, who else wants to come out of the closet and admit to doing something as equally foolish! :D

Mith

That looks cold!! :D

Foolish mistakes, like these?

27-11-06_1535.jpg

DSCF0783.jpg

Whoops.jpg

T-Mo

Yeah, just like that. Man, that second one, there isn't an easy way out of that one, unless you want to bounce the tow tractor.

Greg B.

These situations are definitly vocabulary expanders. One could crawl out of any of them and invent all sorts of words that would shock :( the more sheltered in our society :D:P

Greg B.

Mith

I just reversed off the ramps in the second pic, I was more bummed about bending the trailer, its got a nice curve on it now. Bent the ramps a little too.

The scariest was rolling the same tractor as in pic 3 over backwards. I caught the top corner of the black frame on a low tree branch and it rolled it right over backwards. one minute I was looking ahead, the next minute all I could see was sky! Rolling sideways as in the pic isnt as scary as it happens slower.

kj4kicks

See there, Mith, if your heavy old Wheel Horse would float like that JD, it wouldn't get stuck in the mud.

Reminds me of something else that floats.... j/k !

Glad nobody got hurt in those episodes, except for their feelings!

Eldon.

Jim_M

I work with a guy that put a brand new ( had it less than 24 hours) John Deere compact tractor through the ice on his pond, it cost him $7,000.00 to get it fixed. He had over $21,000.00 in that tractor after that fiasco, still has it though.

My nieghbor put his cub cadet through the ice on his pond while plowing the snow off of it so his nieces and nephews could ice skate. It sat there with front end submerged for a few hours while he tried to round up enough chains and straps to pull it out without getting his truck too close the ice. While he was pulling on it the chain came unhooked, and it went through the rest of the way. It's still down there. 6 or 7 years ago you could still see a yellow and white spot down there, but now it must be covered with mud, there's no trace of it.

Curmudgeon

I must be smarter than I look.

Any time I've done something like those......

Taking a picture was the LAST thing on my mind. All I could think about was get it out/off/fixed/whatever before anyone saw!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Dale

Rollerman

I agree with Dale here guys :P

But I've never done anything stupid on a tractor :( before.

And you can't prove it :D

Funny thing happened tonight.

I've been peiceing together a D160 useing a K341 16HP single....tractor had a dead worn out 20HP twin when I got it.

So after being gone for the Portland show all last weekend & 14 hour days at work this past week I dedicated this day to getting the D to move under it's own power again.

I installed the "new" engine & took it for it's first drive with no cables hooked up...just set idle high...I was not impressed.

So back to shop...did some more re-wireing & installed a throttle cable.

So back out for 2nd drive.......

With throttle just a click below WOT I shoved the control lever forward to see what kind of reaction I would get.

I expected a big wine & nothing.....well...

It stood right up & would have gone all the way over if it were not for the 3 point arms at the back!

That just scared the heck out of me...glad no one was watching

Probably did not help that I had most the tin off the front for easier wrenching.

But thats my story....won't do that again!

:(

kpinnc

I'm not EVEN gonna chime in here... :D

Kevin

Rollerman

Jim I guess I'm amazed your neighbor never tried to retreive it.

Especially since is was visible at first?

Must have been an old junker or maybe he has a disposeable income :D

Jim_M

Stephen,

A little of both I think. It was getting pretty tired and he has 37 years on the railroad, his wife has almost as long as a resteraunt manager, and no kids.

I think for him it was a blessing in disguise. By spring he had a big water cooled Hydro Cub Cadet and still has it.

We have a good laugh about it now and then, but for the first month or two after it happened we didn't mention it at all, he wasn't in a laughing mood then.

Jim

CasualObserver

All I can say Mith is... no wonder and good thing you built the ROPS on your horse!!