rj24

need a PDF for TRANSAXLE

rj24

i have a 84 GT-1800 work horse auto and i sherd the axul on it and need to know how to get it a part

rj24

thanks for the info

post-12452-0-66738000-1394774224_thumb.j

dose this happen all the time or is this a freck i was running 100 pounds wheel weight from a JD did that have something to do with it

Edited by rj24
  • Like 1

bmsgaffer

I'm not sure if I am seeing things wrong, but I see rusty metal halfway down that axle. Right where they come out of the transmission they should be solid ( i think!) and thus you should see twisted bare metal all the way through.

If that is the case, it looks like you might have had a poorly formed piece from the factory, and thus just bad luck... :dunno:

Were your weights 100 lbs per wheel? That does seem like an awful lot, but I know guys on here really load them up and haven't done that yet (that I know of). I think you have to split the transmission and differential to replace the axle. (might as well do the seals while you are there!).

SousaKerry

No not common at all and it does look like a steel defect.  It should not be difficult to find a replacement but it may be easier to find a replacement for the entire transaxle assembly as most people do not break them down when parting out a tractor. 

100# of weight should be no problem for the axle. I run 45# weights and my fat but is over 300#,  Heck on my pulling tractor we hang way more weight than that never had a problem.

rj24

yep 100 lbs per wheel + tier chan's to get up my step drive

bmsgaffer

Yea, seeing what some of these guys running FEL's on their tractors throw in the ballast box, you should have not done any harm with 100#.

AMC RULES

Yep, that's a freck.   :scared-eek: 

Hodge71

Yep, that's a freck.   :scared-eek: 

Pssst..... hey you.....Craig....Whats a freck?  :confusion-confused:

gwest_ca

See the left and right axles are different. Both are no longer available from Toro. These seldom fail so there has to be a used one somewhere.

Garry

rj24

ya i'm getting 2 new one's and if they are not right i'm going to have a friend make me them

SousaKerry

Not doubting your friends abilities but being a machinist I would not attempt to make them. The inner ends are splined and they are case hardened and ground. Not easy or cheap to make. Used parts should be easy to find.

Edited by SousaKerry