Sign in to follow this  
Brian1045

History of the Wheel Horse

BairleaFarm

I new some of that - interesting reading

BPjunk

This web page has been up for years and has a lot of incorrect information in it. We believed it was copied and put up by a kid for a school project.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

marvairplanes

Bill,

I read this story for the first time several years ago, and was surprised that there was never any credit given to an author. I too saw a few questionable facts/figures.

How about this idea:

Could you (YES YOU !) take this article and revise it ? Rewrite it with correct information...sign it as the author (or sign it as an editor).

Don't try to rewrite Mike's books...just "edit" it with corrections and appropriate data.

I think that would be a really valuable addition to the Wheel Horse Story and that everyone would appreciate it.

AND, to anyone else who reads this...how about giving Bill a "push"...what better source of information/knowledge do we have here with Bill...other than the Pond's themselves.

Marv (NW Oh)

bo dawg

:USA: I second that idea. :banghead:

linen beige

I'll third it!

Not only does this article have a few things wrong, it is also so disjointed it tends to be misleading.

Bill, I would love to have a cronilogical list of ALL the Wheel Horse models. And production numbers would be a great plus.

Curmudgeon

:banghead: Bill? I'm kicking you in the butt to get you going on this. We all know you don't really do much with both of your spare minutes every month anyway.

BPjunk

:USA: Bill? I'm kicking you in the butt to get you going on this. We all know you don't really do much with both of your spare minutes every month anyway.

Dale,

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :omg: I loved that post!

And you do know me pretty good. Uh ... Oh shoooot I just used up one of my spare minutes for this month! :banghead:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

pond195520032003

C-Series14

If he would quit drinkin' that lightweight Diet Dew and drink some Mt. Dew Livewire or Code Red, he would have the energy and time to write a novel!!!! :banghead:

Electro12WH

But what would be in it that isn't in Mike's book? The models and dates are in there, too.

marvairplanes

Bill, I would love to have a cronilogical list of ALL the Wheel Horse models. And production numbers would be a great plus.

Do you belong to the wheelhorsegardentractors (one word) forum?

In the files section of that group, there is a list of every model manufactured, from 1955 to 1984.

It's pretty well established that production numbers were never kept.

Marv (NW Oh)

linen beige

But what would be in it that isn't in Mike's book? The models and dates are in there, too.

The 754 and 1054A are not in his lists, maybe other models I'm not familiar with.