Sign in to follow this  
gottahavvitt

Picked up a freebie today

gottahavvitt

I yanked this out of the weeds today where it has been sitting for a while. The wanted $50 for it but after being subjected to my irresistable charm wound up just giving it to me.

I am guessing it was made around 1962??? Because of where the motor is.

It has a tocumseh (sp?) motor in it but have not had a chance to play around with it other than evict the mice that were living under the motor cover on the left side.

Tranny seems to be ok. neeeds front tires but the back are good except for tread pattern. I believe they are sand tires.

There is a serial number on the frame as seen in one of the pics. ser#8736

:banghead:

http://picasaweb.google.com/havvitt/freebie

CasualObserver

Looks to be a 604/654 to me. The hood and dashstand are what give that away. Other tractors of that time as well as the 854 all had the gas tank that the hood went around, not over. Original engine should have been a Tecumseh HH-60, recoil start if it was a 604, electric if it was a 654. Nice score for free!

DMESS

Nice freebie! Looks like a 654 from my house. :banghead:

BPjunk

The Wheel Horse in the photo is a 1964 model 654. The engine is a replacment Tecumseh H-60. THOSE REAR TIRES are the real find :banghead: as not many Wheel Horse tractors after 1963 came with the diamond tread turf tires. Can you post a close up of the side wall with the manufactures name?

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

pond195520032003

nice score :banghead: $50.00 is a good price, but free is always better :USA: :horseplay: :banana:

gottahavvitt

The Wheel Horse in the photo is a 1964 model 654. The engine is a replacment Tecumseh H-60. THOSE REAR TIRES are the real find :banghead: as not many Wheel Horse tractors after 1963 came with the diamond tread turf tires. Can you post a close up of the side wall with the manufactures name?

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

I added a picture like you requested but had trouble adding another one. The other pictured showed that it is called the Landscaper tire.