stevebo

Opinions on Cub Cadet 1872 needed ASAP

stevebo

I have a guy who wants to trade me my woodstove for his Cub Cadet 1872. It needs new oil line from filter to engine and had a gas leak (probably a hose). Comes with a mower deck. Any thoughts on this machine? Good or bad. I need to know asap... thanks

post-734-0-95209200-1394451144_thumb.jpe

grnlark

Depends what you value the wood stove at. I wouldn't put a price tag more than $500/600 on that tractor running and driving!

stevebo

That is what I figured.

Save Old Iron

18hp magnum

26 rear tires

Power steering?

stevebo

Guy ended up passing on the deal via text... I love craigslist but the people sometimes kill me !!

chris11

I got one Steve, Paid 100. needs some wires fixed. I haven't even picked it up yet. you looking?

stevebo

I would be interested Chris.

baerpath

If Steve passes I would be interested in it for the frame for a puller. Starting a new build of a 3 cyl Yanmar diesel

To wide for a WH frame LOL

grnlark

Speaking of pullers, I might be able to get my hands on a running belt driven Harley twin cylinder motor. I dont even care what it goes in or if it moves. I just think it would be cool to have a garden tractor idling like that in your driveway. Lol

fireman

A "Yellow" Cub Cadet in the "Red" stable! OMG!!!!

bmsgaffer

Speaking of pullers, I might be able to get my hands on a running belt driven Harley twin cylinder motor. I dont even care what it goes in or if it moves. I just think it would be cool to have a garden tractor idling like that in your driveway. Lol

That would sound so sweet for about 2 minutes. Running that engine at full tilt for hours on end cutting your grass might get you thrown out of town :D. Not to mention you'd probably be deaf.

• Like 1

stevebo

Chris,

Duane has more of a need for it so I am good with you working with him on that tractor. It may cost Duane on some parts at the big show this year tho. Lol

baerpath

A "Yellow" Cub Cadet in the "Red" stable! OMG!!!!

N O  N O

I need a wide body frame It will still be a WH xx5 series and red. The rear will be a cub case with Dodge internals   I bought a 520 LXI to take apart but may fix it and keep it whole