dewdew

K341 carb help

dewdew

I just bought a carb kit for my k341 I'm gonna rebuild it today. I have never done this before so I thought I would ask if there are any tricks or anything to watch out for before I start.

Thanks mike,

daveoman1966

Buy a carburetor soak solution from any auto parts store...  Brand name GUNK makes a good one, in gallon-size paint can.  It has a small parts dipper too and the gallon size is just right to soak the whole carb in.  Reseal the can when done...it'll last for a very long time.

Be VERY CAREFUL to NOT bend the little tab on the float inside the bowl.  Have a aerosol can of Carb Cleaner at the ready too and a Torch Tip cleaner set can be an aide as well.  Your kit should have 2 rubber seals in it.  Don't get carb cleaner or the soak solution on them....it'll ruin them both. 

Edited by daveoman1966

dewdew

Thank you, I was trying to think of something to clean it with. Is it ok to put the whole carb in the cleaner before disassembly?

shorts

disassemble the carb first, I don't soak the floats, just spritz them off with the aerosol carb cleaner. after soaking the carb parts and washing them off blow dry them with compressed air, then grab your carb cleaner and install the straw on the nozzle and spray down thru all of the small passages and carefully watch to see that they are clear and flow lots of cleaner relative to their size, then blow out with more air before assembly.  I have to disagree with Daveoman  DO NOT USE TIP CLEANERS or any other solid object like a drill bit or ice pick in any of the internal passages in the carb. al of the small holes are precisely calibrated and accidentally modifying them will probably result in a carb that won't perform properly and can't be adjusted to make the engine run right.

Edited by shorts
  • Like 1