Sign in to follow this  
64s

1054 Plow Interchangeability?

64s

I'm thinking of possibly using my 1054 for plow duties one day (not this season) and want to know if any plows fit it other than the BD 543 or BD 546.  I know that it is one of the "unusual" models, but given that Wheel Horse constantly used old parts back then, I thought maybe another model would work.

I'm sure someone has tried to fit another plow under the 1054, what works, or do I keep one eye open for the correct model.  Thanks.

Lane Ranger

I think the big difference is the rear hitch piece.   Both the 1054 and later plows have a 3/4 inch rod that is 16 inches long.

The 1054 rear hitch has the 3/4 inch rod ride on the outside of the plow frame. The length of the inside of the 1054 Rear Hitch ( between the  angle iron pieces that the rod lifts into is 14 inches.

The later rear hitches also varied but the mid 80's type has the rear 3/4 rod ride on the inside of the inside of the plow frame.  The length of the inside of the mid-80's rear hitch used on 42 and 48 snowplows is 10 3/4 inches. 

Although I have never hooked up a newer plow to a 1054 , I think the rear hitch on a 1054 would work  (both have 16 inch 3/4 inch rods that can ride outside in the hitch) but the other  front plow parts -lift, pivot rod,  pivot handle may have to be altered a bit.

Edited by Lane Ranger

gwest_ca

I think you can add the model 6-1121 blade as it replaced the BD-546 blade.

It is also listed for the 1968 long frame Raiders and Charger tractors so the A-frame may be the same. They later listed it for the C-160 Series only but that is likely because of the 54" blade width. A little much for anything less than 16hp.

Garry

64s

Thanks Guys!!