Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

help, on drive pulleys

jerrell

:banghead: , hey guys i need some info on the different sizes of drive pulleys and pto's..i have most of the parts to restore my GT1800 work horse, planning on getting the engine ordered next week, my question is what size engine shaft is the most common as i will have to get a drive pulley and pto for the shaft, looking at the 18 hp honda , there is a 1 inch and a 1 1/8 inch shaft but the 1 1/8 shaft is quite a bit more expensive.

BPjunk

:banghead: , hey guys i need some info on the different sizes of drive pulleys and pto's..i have most of the parts to restore my GT1800 work horse, planning on getting the engine ordered next week, my question is what size engine shaft is the most common as i will have to get a drive pulley and pto for the shaft, looking at the 18 hp honda , there is a 1 inch and a 1 1/8 inch shaft but the 1 1/8 shaft is quite a bit more expensive.

Unfortunatly the 1 inch PTO parts are harder to find. With a 18hp engine you will want the bigger PTO clutch.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Electro12WH

Or perhaps shim the 1" shaft?

CasualObserver

look on ebay for the pto assembly for a K181, or post a wanted ad for it in the classified section. You may also be able to find a used one if you ask around, or even just the insert that goes into the PTO bell that would reduce it to a 1 inch shaft.

TT

The GT1800's are Eaton hydro equipped and require the 5 1/4" engine pulley with the 1" bore.

Kevin (kpinnc) and a few others are also looking for this "hard-to-find" pulley.

Other than the inner bearing race (or bushing - as some call it) the PTO clutch disc and PTO pulley will interchange between most newer garden tractors.

jerrell

:banghead: thanks guys, good info, i think i have the 1 1/8 inch, and i saw one of the 1 inch on ebay, but the price was skyrocketing 5 days before the end of auction.

the inner bearing or shim is new info for me , are they available i haven't seen or heard of them. does any one have a spare lying around. :USA: thanks guys :omg:

jerrell

:USA: i just bid on and won a 1 inch drive pulley , so now i guess i'll order the engine, now i have a 1 & 1/8 spare pulley, i guess this is the way spare parts pile up. :banghead: