JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

WHERE ARE ALL THE 520s LOCKED UP AND STASHED?

gomer gump

yes 520,s are a lot trouble to rebuild and yes very much a electrical nightmare but set up correctly a damn good hvy duty tractor hard to beat .I spent days and weeks on the electric and a lot of Excedrin migrane an visine . just when you think you got the wires right another headache comes up. buy a good light tester and multi tester an a pound of patience an have fun with it . hopefully you can find one in good shape a lot of the 520,s ive seen once you tear them down have broken front axle pins and frame problems where the transmission bolts to frame cracks. think this might be due to the 60 inch mower deck .too heavy and put a lot of stress on the 520,s I sold mine a long time ago and bought 48 inch deck works a lot better. repowered 3 two with briggs 23 hp vanguard and one with Honda 24 hp like them both onans good motor but expensive to rebuild. kohler,s nice if you can find one . the briggs 23 hp easy to work with and gives you more room to work around engine Honda and onan,s tight fit

kthack657

Jimt1971 and I have two...one with a kohler (transplant) engine and another one the one has a forward swept front axle andwe paid $200 ish for the pair...

RMCIII

Glen, there is a complete rig on tractorhouse for sale. They are asking a pretty penny, but it is very low hours...360hrs. Comes with soft cab, 2 stage blower, tiller and deck. Yep, still there. They actually lowered the price.....

Rob

Edited by RMCIII

Tankman

Found mine last year, 520-8 a '90 model.

I like the ride or feel or whatever it might be mowin' and/or plowin' snow with the 520-8.

I just installed four new donuts (tires).

Rationalize? I like all my Stallions and my 2nd go to is my 416-8 ('85). They're all great!

post-8021-0-07850700-1394298103_thumb.jp

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Tank,,,,,you got one of the grandaddys of the best, Imho.  The 520 with the rare 8 speed. Wow!

Good posts fellas, sooner or later something comes along. Like an ol timer told me many many years ago on a car I was pondering to buy. He says, Glenn, if you miss getting the car, dont let it bother you. Cars are like a bus, there is allways another one coming.

Glenn

woodchuckfarmer

I got one, a 1988. But its not for sale...lol...Wayne

Tankman

Tank,,,,,you got one of the grandaddys of the best, Imho.  The 520 with the rare 8 speed. Wow!

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Found this poor Horse next to a barn, it was parked for a year or two. Owner picked up a zero turn.

Sand blasted and repainted all the steel, new decals from the Vinyl Guy. Skateboard grip tape on the foot rests and a seat from Tractor Supply along with new Kevlar® belts. Head lamps and bezels, partstree.com.

My total cost, under $400. Well spent moola!

PS. Decals are great from the Vinyl Guy and, I couldn't live with the "TORO" labels, ouch.

post-8021-0-98614000-1394367657.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1