Sign in to follow this  
speedyleedy

New drive won't work

speedyleedy

I just replace the drive belt on my 857 with a 1/2 by 70 " belt from tsc but it will work with out the belt guard off but everytime i put the belt guard on it & will not work it's like the belt loosen up & won't take hold is there anybody out there that can help out with what i am doing wrong.Thanks

TT

Is the tensioner pulley assembly hitting the inside of the guard before the belt tightens?

daveoman1966

Not sure about the 857, but on MANY other Wheelhorse tractors, there is a belt guide welded to the back-side of the belt cover.  The flat side of the belt has to ride atop this guide or it will not work correctly. 

The other consideration is that after-market belts are ill-fitting for Wheelhorse applications.  Generally, the geometry of the after-market belts do not PRECISELY match the V pulleys and will ride higher or lower than designed.  Whats more, the sides of the belt won't make FULL contact with the pulleys, giving rise to belt slip and premature failure.    

speedyleedy

I think the tensioner is hitting guard & maybe the belt is also riding to high in the pulley too ?

Hodge71

Wheel Horse belts are between an A and B in profile. Buying aftermarket belts will never work as well as an OEM belt. It will ride either higher or lower depending on what you buy. Either way you are not getting proper power transfer to you pulleys and often they will slip or not work at all. Another thing Wheel Horse did was to make their belts an odd length so that you can get close but it will be either too long or too short. Speaking from experience, I have taken the cheap route and tried to buy other non OEM brands…its not worth the hassle and I will never waste my time or money to buy junk again

• Like 1

speedyleedy

Thank you so much for you help hodge

bubbacola

Go to Toro and get the right belt.. after market match ups don't work. Been there done that