Hodge71

Bearing number from a c series wheel

Hodge71

Can anyone help me out with a bearing number from a C series wheel or a wheel from an 18 Automatic  with a 3/4" shaft. Not the Wheel Horse part number, a Timken number or SKF number that I can cross over if need be. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

gwest_ca

Does this bearing need to have a 1-3/8" OD?

Garry

gwest_ca

One seal on the outside

https://www.bantasaw.com/catalog/viewproduct.asp?i=&p=380

Two seals

https://www.bantasaw.com/catalog/viewproduct.asp?i=&p=391

These are Stens parts. One seal allows you to grease with a gun because grease can escape past the outer seal.

With 2 seals you can not grease it so the grease fitting should be replaced with a set screw. The grease can't get past the inside seal so the pressure tries to push the bearing out of the hub.

Napa carries both styles also but our dealer does not recognize the differences and consequences.

Garry

Hodge71

Thanks Garry. I appreciate it. With this info I can figure out possible fixes for my trashed 18 auto front wheel...

56flatbed

Hey Garry, tell your NAPA dealer to get in his books and learn something!   SKF bearings (Napa branded) uses a suffix to determine whether the bearing has 1 seal, 2 seals or none.  Example   6205, 6205J, 6205SJ, 6205RSJ.  These would all be the same bearing with a variation on the seals. 

I take the parts business seriously, I retired from NAPA in 2012 after 23 years.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I believe Napa gets their Outdoor Equipment parts from Prime-Line which is a company like Stens. These flanged bearings are in a different league than industrial bearings so numbers are also different.

Garry

56flatbed

Garry you are right, still got my head in the automotive world.