whlpny

Burlys GT-16 4x4

squonk

Nice video but how come we hear you but not the engine?  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  That thing got a "Cloaking Device too?  :)  :bow-blue:

boovuc

Very cool! They have a look all their own. I am totally surprised that no entrepreneur hasn't taken on building something like this on the open market. I know that Steiner builds articulated lawn and garden tractors but there doesn't seem to be anyone else who has done it with success.

whlpny

You can't hear the engine because its an electric tractor  :ychain:      No seriously- that's a cell phone video - Its hardly audible right from the start when I play it on my phone.

wheel-mule

Looks great Bob.Robert I have something for you when I see you.Make sure to look me up at Portland if I don't see you before.

• Like 1

56flatbed

That thing is SICK!!!  I mean that in the best possible way.  All the top engineering schools in the country must have a semester on Wheel Horse "imagineering". 

• Like 1

can whlvr

:notworthy:  :notworthy: your talents never seice to amaze,truly a work of art,and I like duals but definatly not needed on that beast,i would love to own one one day

• Like 1

brandonozz

Love the tractor guys! Really cool!

Are the Diffs "limited slip" or locked in any way. Just curious if locking them would be possible and if so, cause any turning issues. Being articulated I wouldn't think locking them would cause any negative with turning.

Wow, true 4 X 4 all locked up with that rubber.... unstopable!

squonk

Gonna have to hook it to the Ford for a Tug of War!  :)  :helmet:   :wwp:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

That machine is just awesome! :woohoo:

Looks great!

• Like 1

Brrly1

Well some of you might know how difficult it is in finding the Gt14 muffler, vitually impossible right. I got lucky and have come across two NOS GT14 mufflers in my time. Sold one and kept the other. There were a few other NOS parts that I threw at this bad boy. A fuel tank that had never seen fuel, electric clutch, a two piece seat w/ arm rests, headlight lense with the chrome horse, I won a fuel valve on ebay from across the pond. I saved big bucks on that they go for around $40 bucks plus shipping and handling so you end up right around $50, got it for $20 plus $7 shipping. So all in all pretty happy camper. It will be painted within the next month depending on weather. Decals have arrived so theres not a whole lot left to do. I've got a really nice steering wheel to pick up and other than that, I can't wait to be cruisin in style or at least in the GT14 style.

• Like 3

neil

John , It Makes a change for you US guys to be buying wheelhorse parts from us guys in the UK , hope the fuel valve is good .

I just love your GT 16 4x4 , wished i had the knowledge to be able to do something like that :flags-wavegreatbritain:

• Like 1

Brrly1

Neil, myself did nothing but supply the pieces. Bob is truly a master at buildng these. This tractor conversation started a few years back at one of the shows were we hang out for a few days. He told me buy some tires we'll build one. He's well, what is he? Artist? Creative? Imaginative? Skilled? Talent? He's every bit of that and a whole lot more words could be used to describe him. Where do you start? I'm the lucky one here. The tractors Bob builds are How do you decribe? I know how I feel about this question but I am going to leave this question open to see what kind of responses I get. I say    "Totally Awesome"

• Like 4

C-101plowerpower

absolutely awesome, bob is a articulating god :bow-blue: i'm amased by how he builds these beasts, gotta have some real fab and imagination skills, top job to say at least.

Koen

• Like 1

neil

I am really looking forward to seeing this tractor at the big show in June , seeing the tractor  will be one of the highlights of my visit to the US , so june cant round come round quick enough, I also hope top see some more of Bobs artwork .

John , Owning a tractor that someone has created  for you must be a real heart warming feeling,  but also a difficult one too , in so much as , How do you ever part with something that has been created for you . ? for me it would be an easy answer , i would never part with it as it would be tooo special .

• Like 2

meadowfield

Neil, myself did nothing but supply the pieces. Bob is truly a master at buildng these. This tractor conversation started a few years back at one of the shows were we hang out for a few days. He told me buy some tires we'll build one. He's well, what is he? Artist? Creative? Imaginative? Skilled? Talent? He's every bit of that and a whole lot more words could be used to describe him. Where do you start? I'm the lucky one here. The tractors Bob builds are How do you decribe? I know how I feel about this question but I am going to leave this question open to see what kind of responses I get. I say    "Totally Awesome"

Bob along with a select few are the ones who have inspired me to build something unique. One thing is for sure, he sets that bar darn high!! I don't think I'll match his build quality and uniqueness, but hopefully have some fun on the way.

I can't imagine you EVER wanting to take it apart for painting :D I'd just want to play..... But then I guess you will want it super shiny for June.

• Like 1

Brrly1

I couldn't agree more with that. Planning a weekend trip so Bob can actually start the paint process and then it's all down hill from there. I'lll stop back after the trip with some more pictures.

squonk

I think it's big enough to haul a Dinosaur!

AMC RULES

:bow-blue:  Awesome teasers John...can't wait for the vids.    :popcorn:

dclarke

I can't wait to see this, John. Awesome is right!   :thumbs:

• Like 1

meadowfield

Freakin awesome John! :thumbs:

Edited by meadowfield

js5020

:omg: That machine is flat out amazing!!!  :bow-blue:  Excellent work!

• Like 1

jimt1971

John that thing looks great.

• Like 1

shorts

AWSOME doesn't do it justice, but inquiring minds have to know, are you positive that it's not a HOLDER with some body and paint work? it sure looks like a production machine and I can't wait for a chance to see it in person.  I'll say it again  AWSOME BUILD

• Like 1

KC9KAS

John, That is AWESOME looking! :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1