zanepetty

OK i should be down to my last problem guys. I'm so thankful for all your help. I could not have done this without your help. Anyways, I bought a sediment bowl and it seems to leak. I really like the look but I don't want leaks. Should I just do away with it? PS it could be the 1/8 nipple in the bottom of the tank but I don't know why..

slammer302

I really like the look of it to

wallfish

You'll need to take a better look at it and determine the cause of your leak. It could just be the gasket but if you just want a new one, you can still buy them.

http://www.psep.biz/store/small_engine_fuel_filters.htm

It's not a bad idea to also add a fuel filter in there too. The sediment bowl will filter some water and anything larger than the screen holes but anything smaller than those holes could pass into the carb.

• Like 1

chazm

OK i should be down to my last problem guys. I'm so thankful for all your help. I could not have done this without your help. Anyways, I bought a sediment bowl and it seems to leak. I really like the look but I don't want leaks. Should I just do away with it? PS it could be the 1/8 nipple in the bottom of the tank but I don't know why..

Did you use any pipe dope on the fitting or install dry ?

• Like 1

zanepetty

I installed dry.. I'll buy an inline tomorrow.

Lane Ranger

You can get pipe dope at a hardware store cheap.   The rubber seal is important and should be good.   Unscrew and re-screw the glass  bowl to make sure it is fitting perfectly tight.  seepage can occur from the old tank around the valve but I will bet the rubber gasket is dried out, crimped or sometimes the valve rod tightner is damaged ,

• Like 1

rmaynard

I installed dry...

My guess is that you need pipe dope. When I restored my 701, I put a new sediment bowl on and it kept seeping. I had used pipe dope on the nipple from the tank to the bowl, but i had forgotten to use it on the fitting where the gas line attached.
  • Like 1

zanepetty

Forgot to tell you mY tank is a once piece tank and its been welded so it could only be leaking from where the nipple screws into the tank?

Edited by zanepetty

Kelly

I use thread sealer on all fittings, yes where the pipe fits in the tank and where the bowl screws on to the pipe. 

• Like 1

zanepetty

Thanks Kelly. I'm going to do that when I get off work today. HOPEFULLY I will be riding my tractor today. Im anxious. I'm a little worried about getting the line off the fitting at the fuel pump. Might be better to cut it off and use a new line? I just don't wanna break something.