RJMcEachern

518-H with Single Stage snowthrower

RJMcEachern

As many folks probably remember I bought this after the polar vortex, the plow blade just barely made it through that snow. So I go it hooked up and it ran for about a half of lap from the back of our house to the the end of the driveway and then stopped throwing snow. I was like WTF!, so I go back to the garage and the set screws on the gear drive at the top of the snow thrower was loose, tightened them and off I go again...

I captured a couple of videos of me in action to show everyone... the driveway is after I hit it with the plow and then the snow thrower again to get it wider (swapped out dozer blade for Snow Thrower) ...

This is about 10" of snow fall and 18" drifts in places...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-CLutXagMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVG1NFspC0s

I still need to make the bar for the dozer blade, got the stock, just haven't had the time, been working on my 76 Corvette

RJMcEachern

• Like 1

rexman72

looks like it made easy work out of the snow

RJMcEachern

Wow, Maine huh, what we got is headed your way...

Thanks, I think for what I paid she did WONDERFULLY!!!

RJMcEachern

varosd

love the sound of that Onan!  even better at idle!

see, you need a plow tractor AND a blower tractor so you don't have to switch implements back and forth

stevasaurus

Awesome...I really like the chains on the front tires...sweet sound and blows great.  :)

RJMcEachern

Thanks!!!!

Yea, the V-Twin Onan is sooooooo close to my Harley sound that I can't help but love it....

Trying to find a 520-H with hydraulic lift so I can transfer my attachments and sell the 518-H for an additional 520-H with Hydraulic lift, then I will have two and be damn happy worker...

With two mowers and one dozer, one snow thrower I'd be the envy of every neighbor within a mile radius..rofl

I just bought those chains this year and they work great but need more weight on the front so they grip better in ice, right now we have 10 - 18" of snow with a 1 - 2" layer of ice underneath so steering is currently an issue...

RJMcEachern

varosd

keep the 518 for grass/leaf season since you would still have the hydro and the Onan and really, how often are you lifting the deck? :rolleyes:

RJMcEachern

Hmmmmm, that's actually very thoughtful, think until I get two 520-H's I might go this route...

Thanks,

RJMcEachern