Joefrommi65

B 100 or c111

Joefrommi65

Hi all, new here from Michigan I have a chance to buy either a b100 or a C 111 , What be better to blow snow B 100 or a B111 and what blower model will fit them,

Thanks Joe

Edited by Joefrommi65

rmaynard

B-100. The B-100 is a garden tractor. The B-111 is a lawn tractor. B-100 is by far the strongest, and a better built machine, capable of adding accessories.

I don't think you can put a snow blower on a B-111,

• Like 2

Joefrommi65

Thanks , any ideas on what snowblowers will fit the B100?

rmaynard

Most any single-stage model from 1974 on. Do you have one available that you need to know if it fits?

Edited by rmaynard

Joefrommi65

No need to find one just wondering how hard it will be to find in michigan.....I think I will go look at it this weekend. It comes with a mower deck but I want to blow snow with it also

Again many thanks for the help

and again thanks

Kelly

Welcome, I'm in MI also and have a few blowers for sale, your Title said B-100 and C-111 did you have a typo in the post is it a B or a C ? the later B series is a lawn tractor the early B's are garden tractors, the C-111 is also a garden tractor. 

Blowers to fit the early B and all the C's are pretty common, and will interchange, but when buying a blower be sure to get the lift tube and flag that are most often missing.

Where in MI are you? I'm in Olivet 30 miles SW of Lansing

Joefrommi65

Hi Kelly , yes one is a 1979 C111 it was the only year they made them acording to some things I have read .It has a bs 11 hp and the other is a b100 according to my brothers buddy, I am located north west of GR in a town called Fruitport.

rmaynard

My post was based on a B-100 vs. B-111, and my choice was a B-100. However, now that the model choice is B-100 vs. C-111, my money is still on the B-100.

Reasons? Kohler engine.

Kelly

I go right by Fruitport on the way to Silverlake sand dunes, the C-111 is a good machine but like Bob I like Kohlers better, so I would lean to the B-100 if it is nice, both machines use the same attachments, most will fit from 73 up 

leeave96

My post was based on a B-100 vs. B-111, and my choice was a B-100. However, now that the model choice is B-100 vs. C-111, my money is still on the B-100.

Reasons? Kohler engine.

I would agree - but with one potential exception.  I'm pretty sure the C-111 came with the 8 pinion tranny and 1-1/8 inch axles, not sure what the B-100 has.  Definitely the Kohler over the Briggs.

rmaynard

1976 & 1977 both have 8 pinion transmissions with 1-1/8" axles.

Edit: sorry about that, no power here all day and I'm forced to use Tapatalk on my semi-smartphone. Hard to see that small print. Corrected my error above. Thanks.

Edited by rmaynard

Kelly

1 1/8" Axles not 1 1/2"