Sign in to follow this  
Nick

New Allis Chalmers by Briggs

Nick

Might be old news that I didnt hear but just looking around I found that Briggs is going to build an Allis Chalmers lawn mower. The new mowers are verts and sold through Simplicity dealers. Guess its kind of like an MTD built Horse. :banghead:

Pictures and story link

perry

:banghead: .... :USA: .... :omg: sure does look like a MTD junk. there go's another elite name . kinda like what happen to cub cadet :thumbs: . yet a few of the new larger simplicitys are still a decent tractor.

T-Mo

It's not surprising, Briggs owns Simplicity and Snapper, while Simplicity used to build the Allis Chalmers L&G equipment.

Jim_M

23 horsepower with a 42" deck and 24 horsepower with a 46" deck.

Doesn't sound like anything I would want to own when gas is $4.00 a gallon.

rocking 416

I think these companys, use names like ,cubcadet,wheelhorse, allis chalmers. Because they belive people will think how long the older ones lasted. and we all know that is not th :banghead: e case. i give the new allis chalmers a life span of 3 years, tops

they remind me of huskkees at tractor supply

T-Mo

It's definitely the Briggs made. Looks like the Briggs made Snappers being sold at Sears.

Sears Snapper

Jim_M

It's definitely the Briggs made. Looks like the Briggs made Snappers being sold at Sears.

Sears Snapper

And the Husquvarna, the new Simplicitys and the Craftsman too. They're all the same with a different color of paint and different stickers.

Rocking416 hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what they're going for, name recognition. If it has a good name, it has to be a good tractor.....right??

T-Mo

In this case, it's made by Briggs who owns Simplicity and Snapper. Husquvarna, Craftsman, Poulan, are all made by AYP (American Yard Products), which is own by Electrolux, who also owns Frigidaire.

It's apparent, at least to me, that Briggs wants some of this market that is now controlled by AYP and MTD. They have already started to cheapen down the Snapper line, look for Simplicity to be next.

DOC in Kentucky

Call them any name you want! Paint them any color you want! They still look like a 2 year throw away model to me. I guess they are cheaper then a lawn service and you don't have to worry about upkeep or maintenance. :USA:

So you buy one use it for 2 years and do nothing to it and then the 3rd year you buy another. Helps the economy! Unfortunately we live in a throw away society. :banghead:

Just my 2 cents worth, actually 8 cents worth with inflation. :omg:

Nick

Since Briggs is selling tractors I hear the other manufacturers are using more kohlers. Guess the push mowers are even getting kohlers now.

kpinnc

Since Briggs is selling tractors I hear the other manufacturers are using more kohlers. Guess the push mowers are even getting kohlers now.

Yeah, but the new Kohlers have plastic timing gears in them now...

They can keep those too. :banghead:

Kevin

T-Mo

I don't about all the Kohlers, but the Kohler Courage has a lot of plastic parts in them. But, and I may be mistaken, I don't think the Commands have plastic cam gears. :banghead: