Hendricksn

Lift linkage question

Hendricksn

Has anybody ever had to fix the lift linkage. I just don't know how to get it out of the tractors can email pictures of it if needed. I'm just lost. Thanks

sorekiwi

What model tractor? 

Hendricksn

88 520-H

sorekiwi

I saw your post on Facebook, you probably have your answer already.

The shaft through the bellcrank has a key in it.  It is retained in the center console by a giant E clip on the RH side of the tractor (on the outside of the console, behind the drive belt)

The bellcrank itself is just a slide fit on this shaft, and there are R clips each side of the bellcrank to stop it moving from side to side.  (Earlier models used a rollpin through the bellcrank and shaft, 300, 400 and 500 series tractors use the R clips on each side of the bellcrank)  Trouble is that the bellcrank rusts onto the shaft and wont slide off.  Some of them are an absolute MFer.  That's where the sawzall comes in.

I've taken 5 of these apart.  Only one came apart easily, two came apart with the help of a lot of heat, the other two I had to start chopping stuff up.

Kelly

Mike is 100% right getting these apart is not easy, I have wrecked alot of stuff trying to remove them, depending on what is wrong? IF you can get things lined up maybe weld what ever is broke in the chassis