Agage1

Nate's first hot rod

Agage1

My son is always in the garage with me trying to help wherever he can. We had this old 857 out back so we started playing around making him his first yractor the way he wanted. Its got a modified 18 HP Briggs vanguard, fenders from an old 552, reworked clutch, different pulleys and a bunch of other mods to make it all work. Black is his favorite color so we sprayed it in satin black. Its a little too much for him to handle right now. If your not too careful with the clutch it stands straight up. We are finishing up some wheelie bars finite so maybe tomorrow he can take his first drive. Sorry about the black and white pics I'm not so good with all this modern technology

post-7610-0-70119700-1391294399_thumb.jp

post-7610-0-90117500-1391294729_thumb.jp

Agage1

Hers the wheelie bars all paintes

post-7610-0-36902200-1391295969_thumb.jp

• Like 2

redrooster

I like it.

AMC RULES

WOW!   :scared-eek:  That exhaust is SICK!

Agage1

It came off my old Chevy truck before we had to sell it. Selling that truck is what got me into Wheelhorse so we put em on as sort of a tribute

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Nice! I like it.

Kelly

Is that a true 1045 or did you build it ?? if it's real, they are a little harder to find as only 1100 were built

19richie66

Looks very cool.Good to have your son so interested. Getting close to starting on mine.I would be interested in the pulley sizes you used.

Edited by 19richie66

Agage1

No it was a basketcase 857. I got the fenders from a round hood I found buried in the weeds I think it was a 552. The pulleys were one of the hardest parts. I will have to check the current combination. I had to put a heavier spring for the idler and rework the beltgaurd quite a bit.

Coadster32

Awesome build!! :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright: