mr.moto

My first post - Electro 12 at 1/25 scale in progress

wheeledhorseman

Mr. Moto. Freakin awesome!!

Ditto that!

Neil, I would love to see some pics of your fathers diorama. 

Ditto that as well!

On the subject of dioramas, how about the production line at South Bend as a project for a modelling club?

BTW - :WRS: where model makers are every bit as welcome as owners.

Andy

rdmanone

I know you have hear it a hundred times already but Wow!!! Amazing work. 

speedyleedy

You really have some amazing skill's when it comes to detailing those model's ! :bow-blue: Thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

Vinylguy

INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you for sharing this project with us. Now to build a few attachments for it. And a Dealer pickup from the 60s to pull it on a trailer? And a scale building model like the Harrison tractor clubs. And .........

Well I feel like I'm at a great concert and were begging for just one more song.

Edited by VINYLGUY
  • Like 1

neil

I know this bloke in the UK that would really like one of those , are you taking any orders :bow-blue: .

Redsdquare decal would like goos on there too .

great thread this ,

Top job ,

userj8670

Outstanding! I was wondering when this thread would be updated and boy it was worth the wait! Would you ever consider doing another one for a member?

Torino

Great, great job.  This has been one of my favorite tractor builds, even if it is a model.  I have really enjoyed it.  I think if you replaced the back tires (to me that is the only thing that does not look real) and made it look like it was in a garage or a garden it would fool a lot of people.  It looks very real. 

Digger 66

Now :techie-eureka:  , what are the chances of you making a scale model of ME so I can ride it ???

J K ^ . 

Stunning ! 

• Like 2

AMC RULES
post-3498-0-21696800-1382608301_thumb.jp

:scared-eek:   Beautiful work. :bow-blue:   Now, a built to scale... :handgestures-thumbsup:

little RJ and tub cart sitting along side it would be the cherry on top.  

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Ken B

Amazing skills you have there. I used to do some model building myself. Nothing scratch built to the level of detail like yours. Mostly drag cars from the 60's. I still have the models..

I agree with the guys, it would be wicked cool if you built a period correct pickup truck and maybe a trailer that a dealer might have used to deliver a new tractor to its anxious new owner. How cool would that be....

Digger 66

Amazing skills you have there. I used to do some model building myself. Nothing scratch built to the level of detail like yours. Mostly drag cars from the 60's. I still have the models..

I agree with the guys, it would be wicked cool if you built a period correct pickup truck and maybe a trailer that a dealer might have used to deliver a new tractor to its anxious new owner. How cool would that be....

Yes ! 

With a wooden flat-bed & ramps ! 

Teeny little D-rings recessed into the timbers ......

Edited by Digger 66

hm12460

Totally outrageous COOL!! You have an excellent source of secondary income if you ever decide to. You sir, are a true craftsman! My Mobil 1 hat is off to you!

smoreau

Can I ship my two model kits to you to be built? That is just too cool!!

mr.moto

This site might interest some of you.

http://www.seltd.net/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?account=X344897;search=16;search=Special%20Projects;limit=category;v=2.0

I just ran across it and they actually have resin copies of the Wheel Horse kit and implements to go with it. No photos of the implements so I don't know how realistic they are. Resin is trickier to work with than styrene is mostly because the traditional hobby glues don't work on it. It's usually glued with super glue or epoxy and MEK has some ability to glue it if you don't mind working with that stuff (take safety precautions for the vapor). Some model building experience is recommended before trying a resin kit.

But here's what caught my eye for a possible future project. Maybe this:

http://www.seltd.net/ez-catalog/X344897/16/SP-002

ThumbGen.jpg

can be converted into something like this:

snowmobile2-1.jpg

Just saying - that's all. Right now I'm gonna take a break for a while and enjoy some of the Spring weather that's moving in and do some gardening, etc. When it gets too hot for yard work I'll probably start looking for another model project.

BTW, I totally agree with the comment about the tires. I'm not at all pleased with those but correcting them seemed "outside the scope" of this build. There were enough problems to solve! If I build another tractor building some better tires will be job one but it won't be easy.

Edited by mr.moto
  • Like 2

Torino

I totally agree with the dealer truck idea.  You could make a great diorama.  About the tires, it looks like you could find some ag tires off of some kind of tractor toy.  They make a ton of different tractors and sizes.  They would even be rubber.  If you tell us how tall they would have to be I bet one of us could find some.

Edited by Torino

neil

Not sure that this truck is the  same scale as the tractoror even from the same Era , but something on these lines would be great . 

this was a model that was on sale on Ebay a year or two ago . Sadly the model maker who did the decals didnt manage to get the horse head at the right  angle

post-2119-0-83612300-1393769823.jpgpost-2119-0-51534700-1393769824.jpgpost-2119-0-28643500-1393769825.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Hey, isn't that Stevebo's truck?   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Jparkes43

Not sure that this truck is the  same scale as the tractoror even from the same Era , but something on these lines would be great . 

this was a model that was on sale on Ebay a year or two ago . Sadly the model maker who did the decals didnt manage to get the horse head at the right  angle

attachicon.gif!B5Hc(,w!mk~$(KGrHqUOKjsEyO1nObJbBMsdfsyIHw~~_12.jpgattachicon.gif!B5HcKugBWk~$(KGrHqEOKi8EykgJhLpeBMsdfTUsrg~~_12.jpgattachicon.gif!B5HcPH!Bmk~$(KGrHqMOKn!E)6q30eUBBMsdfcC88w~~_12 (2).jpg

where mine was made!  :)

jackhammer

Your virtue of patience has 10 folded mine., Great storyline with photos to back it up.

Kudos   --  Mr Moto

Stigian

Gob Smacked!!    Amazing attention to detail.. Thanks for posting your build, it's brought a smile to my face :)

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

mr. moto. my words can not describe how much I like your work. Its been said many many times WOW!

Glenn

WH-PWR

You are an artist!!! Very talented at model building. I am amazed at your detail and ability to make that mower deck to scale. Keep up the good work, and give us all pictures of the tractor when you are finished. Thanks, and welcome to RED SQUARE.

WH-PWR

I SEE THE FINISHED TRACTOR NOW THAT I MADE IT TO THE 3RD PAGE. GREAT JOB!!! WELL DONE!!!