Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

A little work on a wintery day

T-Mo

I cut down a couple of trees a while back and had a couple of wood piles. I was planning on giving this wood to my brother as he has a fireplace. Today I decided maybe I'll take a load up to his house (he lives about 1/8 mile away). He told me he would like to have a little to use as weights for his truck. So, and you might want to hide the kids as this may scare them :D as I'm in the picture, I had my daughter take this.

100_0506_1.jpg

We got a little sleet and freezing rain last night and now it's snowing and we're supposed to get some accumulation (I definitely would like a snow plow now if we do get the 4-6 inches predicted).

kj4kicks

Not scary at all, Terry !

I do like the Christmas colors on the delivery rig.

Eldon.

Rollerman

Terry I'm a bit farther than an 1/8th of a mile....but I can use some wood to go in the woodburner in my shop?

I'll even throw in a snowplow!

They are calling for 10/12" tonight or more so you may want to start now & beat te snow on the 314!

Stephen in northern IN...ganna play in the snow tommorrow!

T-Mo

Eldon,

The camera is a bit kind. I hadn't thought about it, but yes - my rig is in the right colors for the season.

Stephen,

If I could get the wood up there, I would be on my way. I have about 3 acres that needs cutting and removed.

Rollerman

I have about 3 acres that needs cutting and removed

Terry are you building a Horse Barn bigger than Mikes :D

T-Mo

I actually thought of building a good size pole barn, but I haven't the finances in place yet. And I'm not sure where I want to put it, on the house side of the creek or on the wooded, hillside of the creek. I do have access to that side from top of the hill and/or I could build a little bridge to get to it if I build on the hillside of the creek. But if I did, I need to get the Stihl out and do some tree cutting.

T-Mo

Okay, Stephen, where's that plow? We got about 5 inches last night and I just spent some time this morning shoveling snow! :D

Rollerman

About 10" to 12" here last night & now the wind is picking up!

I have not seen snow like this in a long time.

Been plowing since 8:00AM & am on my 2nd tank of fuel now.

I may fire up the salamander in a bit..warm up the garage & get the C160 sorted out with the snow blower too.

This isn't fun anymore :P

Plow is still here Terry...bring the 314 up & help out with this mess :D

nylyon

Our BIG noreaster was an almost non-event. We got about 3 inches, but being mostly sleet it was like 3" of crust. First I tried with the blower and that wasn't happening. I had to use the plow. Of course once I broke through the crust it turned to powder, that's when the blower was handy to blow it out of there.

Karl -- Still loving the snow in NY!

Jim_M

We got 10 or 12" here too. I tried out all the tractors here with a snow removal attachment on it to see what works best.

The D-180 with the 48" blower is the fastest by far, but since I hadn't gotten around to putting the cab on it yet and the wind is about 30 mph, it was also the least fun. The 416-H with the Johnny bucket does a great job, I'm able to tilt the bucket a little ( electric actuator) and put some down pressure on it to scrape the concrete driveway clean. It's a little slow with the large amount of snow that we got though.

The power king with a 4 foot blade wins for traction and shear brute pushing power, it has fluid filled ag tires on 24" rims, I think it pushes about twice it's weight in snow, but it's big and clumsy in the tight spots. I had to clean up after it with the 416.

That's enough for this year, I'm ready for it to be summer again, NOW.

nylyon

Oh, and Terry maybe Santa will send you some RED paint for that trailer of yers! :D

T-Mo

Or maybe a red trailer! :D

CasualObserver

Terry... for hauling wood you need one of these!

7-2111.jpg

Curmudgeon

Jason, do you mean the tiller or blade? You couldn't possible mean risking possible dents in the wagon!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are darn tough to come by.

Dale

Rollerman

I know of a four wheel wagon that has sat for many years.

The owner does nothing with it & refuses to sell it :D

Last time I seen it "july/august?" it was in the same spot half sunk in the ground,the tires all dry rotted & flat, & rusted beyond repair :P

Oh well, it's his & he can do with it as he likes...but as Dale mentioned they are sought after by us & s@$ks to see one go to waste.

T-Mo

Terry... for hauling wood you need one of these!

Jason,

Can I borrow it? :D

....they are sought after by us & s@$ks to see one go to waste.

Ain't that the truth. I also hate it when I see good equipment just rusting somewhere. It makes no difference if it's green and yellow, or red, or yellow and white, or whatever color it is.....I hate to see good iron go to waste. :P

Greg B.

I see photos of carts, with some frequency, but I wasn't even aware of a wagon, for our tractors. I've seen the ones that a couple of the JD guys have built and they are beautiful, but this seems to be the real deal.

Good find, Jason.

Greg B.

CasualObserver

Thanks guys, and Greg B, yes it is the real deal. I looked for that for three years.

Dale, the photo is from the auctioneer's website back when it was listed on the sale bill. I think they used it to carry the tiller and blade out to where it was laid out for the sale. Like an idiot, I haven't taken any more pictures of it. I cleaned it up, degreased it, but have not restored it. It had been stored in a barn for years. Still has all four red plastic grease caps with horsehead logo and original paint and decals too. Some old farmer who collected Olivers down around the old Oliver plant in Shelbyville, IL, when he had the auction, there were a lot of garden tractors too. Minne Mo's, Olivers, and early Economy that looked similar to the Pond. (Don't worry, really was an Economy... it had all the original manuals and attachments with it) I drove 18 hours to get it last year, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'd take pictures now, but it's in the back of the garden shed packed away for winter, and there's 6-8 inches of snow back there that just doesn't require messing with!

Oh, and Terry ... ummm.... no.

Tickster... just have to keep your eye on that one.... if you can get the frame, the sheet steel's replaceable!