Charlie Smith

Mowett Mustang.

Charlie Smith

This is my mowett mustang, I haven't aged it yet as I'm not entirely sure how to, there isn't really a lot of information online about them either, this one isn't really much to talk about, these are photos from when I found it and got it back home, it's seen better days, it's now been stripped down, engine has been rebuilt and runs, gearbox is all okay, and the frame is slowly being rebuilt from scratch! This one also got its own little picture in Tractor&Machinery in hedgerow finds!

post-9595-0-95632400-1390818567_thumb.jppost-9595-0-14354200-1390818601_thumb.jp

squonk

Friend of mine has like 3 Mustangs now. Here's what he did for his kids this past year at the Steam Show. Lot's of wheelies!  :)

IMG_0214_zps4590cab7.jpg

• Like 1

19richie66

I have one as well.I hope to dig it out and get started on it soon.I got mine from a old neighbor of mine.He had two of them sitting under and orange tree.Paid $20 for both of them.The one I kept is complete and original but needs a complete restoration.It still has the deck,original 7 hp briggs motor.Ill try and get some pics of it in the next day or so. I was planning on restoring it but replacing the wheels/tires with aluminum race kart wheels and wide/skinny dirt track tires.It will interesting to see more of your project.

Anglo Traction

Charlie, good little project. You say you haven't dated it yet. When you worked the Engine, did you try checking the Numbers on it to date it?. 

Reckon there's every chance the Motor is original............Any progress pics?.   

Edit:- also good to see you back. Have you been busy?.

Edited by Anglo Traction

19richie66

I found this a while back.Not sure but you probably have seen it.I thought the addition of a dozer blade on one of these to be funny.

post-9187-0-37693900-1390847765_thumb.jp

Edited by 19richie66

neil

Those are great little tractors charlie , Great fun.

meadowfield

fab, lets see more....