joel_400

2 stroke tecky snowblower not running well

joel_400

Ive got an old POS snowblower when it runs it works well. Problem is that it has a Tejunkseh engine. It runs but seems real rich. Exhaust smells terribly rich, cant even get the smell out of my clothes. It seems to be laboring real bad wont rev up much at all when engaging the auger. Adjusting the high speed adjuster can make it a bit better then it goes to crap again. I guess if nobody has any input it might find its way to the junk pile. Like the name says Tejunkseh! Haha

joel

squonk

I got a Sno-Pup with the 2cycle Tecky . Runs great you probably need a new diaphragm for the carb and a good cleaning. If I was closer I'd take it off your hands.

joel_400

I did put a new diaphragm in the carb, the carb was leaking fuel real bad. Cleaned all the passages real good and put it back together. It was stating to run bad before it was leaking though.

woodchuckfarmer

Check the exhaust port for carbon build up. It maybe chocking the engine down

joel_400

I tore the muffler apart last night and it has a little bit of carbon in there but not much. Port looks real good though surprisingly. Thanks for the input.

Joel

KATO

those 2 strokes can be REALLY fussy on diaphram fuel inlet needle adjustment (float needle),

maybe try readjusting that :eusa-think:

Digger 66

Are you mixing or is this oil injected ?

Do things improve if you give it a little choke ? 

Edited by Digger 66

joel_400

Im not sure how I would adjust the needle? Its right on top of the diaphragm. The fuel is mixed not oil injected. I was wondering if 2 stroke oil has a shelf life. It seems coincidental to me but I started having problems when I found an old bottle of oil in the garage and used it. However the carb started leaking fuel right after i used that oil, and fresh gas of course. Maybe this will help you guys help me! I appreciate all the input from you guys. If it was just a Kohler i wouldve had it fixed long ago!

Joel

squonk

did you clean out the fuel inlet? Deposits from the oil will sit there and really gum things up.

KATO

Not sure on your exact carb without pics but alot of 2 stroke diaphram carbs have aluminum levers

that the diaphram pushes on one end ,and the other looks like a fork with the needle held in it ...

you adjust by bending the lever or if there is a spring missing on that lever the needle wont close.

If you have that type of carb. or maybe your diaphram spring is weak or missing if its that type. :eusa-think: :eusa-think: