Hodge71

56 inch snow/dozer blade…a little help please….

Hodge71

I have a 56" blade that came with my 18 auto and has never really been complete for the last 3 years. After losing my job and home I have the time to mess with the tractor and with the help of my Dad its just about done. We tore all the cob jobbed stuff off of it and got it back to the way the factory intended...  I got a handle off  :techie-ebay: and we are at the point now where we need to fab the rod that goes from the handle to the blade to angle it. I was wondering if anyone that has this plow could measure the overall length of the 5/8 rod and also measure to where the little kick is on it that angles it up so that the rear bend matches up with the hole in the angle handle mechanism. Its #24 on the diagram and is called the blade control rod….Its close to the last thing I need to do to get her ready to plow and I sure could use that measurement rather than trial and error in -21 degree wind chills. My Dad is 74 and it seems no matter how much I yell at him to get inside, he likes to be out there with me...

Thanks in advance for any info…..

• Like 3

AMC RULES

You're truly blessed Jeff...

is that awesome Dad of yours a member here on  :rs: ? 

Hodge71

No he's not Craig…he couldn't  turn on a computer if his life depended on it…probably would look for a hand crank somewhere. I laugh at the amazement on his face when I'm over there with my laptop and I'm using my iPhone as a wifi hotspot to get on here to look at something we have a question on. He can't believe all this stuff comes through the air… He's a great Dad. Even welded the cast iron on my block where I broke the ear off the exhaust port. Local engine shop told me $400, it took us about 15 minutes and 5 bucks. Plus I didn't have to take the engine out of the tractor. I now have a complete sealed and working stack on the 18. Its been great to see him and my son working together on it too.

• Like 3

ol550

Hope this makes sense.  The rod length from center to center of hole is 43 1/4". the bend is centered 9" from the 

upper pin center.  :scratchead:

Hodge71

Kinda makes sense to me ol550. How much of a kick/bend is in that rod? If you set it on the ground what is the dimension from the ground to the top of the kick/bend? That should be all I need to fab it up

ol550

The rod from where it hooks to the piviot runs parallel and about a 1/4" above the frame. 

The rise is about 3".

sent an email with a picture

Edited by ol550

Brrly1

Beings you got that smart phone you need to capture some of those moments (of your Dad and son both working on, has got to be cool) so you can look back when you are your dads age. Hint, hint

Always nice to have pictures

• Like 3

Hodge71

The rod from where it hooks to the piviot runs parallel and about a 1/4" above the frame. 

The rise is about 3".

sent an email with a picture

I got it…Thats exactly what I needed..Thank you.

Beings you got that smart phone you need to capture some of those moments (of your Dad and son both working on, has got to be cool) so you can look back when you are your dads age. Hint, hint

Always nice to have pictures

Ya know John I never really thought about it, but with him being 74 he won't be here forever. I'll need to sneak some in when he's not looking. He hates the camera but I need to  keep some of these memories alive…..Thanks Burrly

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

Hey...don't forget to share some of those picts with us Jeff.   :)