Sign in to follow this  
refracman

another one

refracman

Well, been tryin to tell myself NO more tractors. But stopped by Carl's today and noticed a pile of parts with a round hood on top on the way in the shop door. After awhile i asked him what was up with them and told me a customer sold them to him and it was a 60-63 tractor he didnt know cause he hadnt looked at it, but said it was all there and the motor ran. So i asked him what he wanted for the pile and we struck a deal. the biggest part of the deal was he wanted pics of the resto. Turns out to be a 753, actually the tins are in pertty good shape and the tires are too. Since its allready tore down and the gtloader is on hold till the machine work is done for the kubota engine guess i might as well rebuilt it.

What I still cant believe is how much their isnt to them, this is my first little one and after restoreing the 195 and messin with the gt14s this looks to be nice little winter project. I can see why these little ones are so popular. They simple and look easy to work on.

Rollerman

Steve you are right, the short frames & RJ's are about the most easy ones to go through.

I've done a few C series & a 953...thats a lot more work!

I wouldn't think that C195 was much of a good time.

That 753 is a nice find...I like to find a 63 model so my HY-3 kit will have a home.

MaineDad

Steve,

The 753 is a wonderful little tractor. Easy to maintain and fun to ride. Here's mine...

JacobsTractor-1.jpg

Has a 42" plow on for winter and does the cultivating in the gardens each summer.

Rollerman

Micah.... :D ...where is your starter/generator?

Sharp tractor though, are those hub caps or weights?

Brrly1

Steve If only I was a few minutes quicker, I would have had that tractor in the back of my truck and would have been down the road either that or just put a tarp over it just to make you ask questions. Darn it should been there I had to change the battery in the truck which brought my arrival time to a screaching halt. Good Deal, but if I remember right you saying. NO MORE TRACTORS weren't those some of the words I kept hearing. See Ya Bye John

MaineDad

Stephen,

Had to rebuild the starter/generator. Durng the wait time for it to be fixed, I converted it to a pull start and never looked back. Thing starts on the first pull everytime. Starter/Generator is sitting under my workbench in the garage.

Those are genuine WH hub caps not weights. Look sharp?

Thanks,

Rollerman

Looks very nice Micah!

Did you convert it over to a batteryless ignition?

Stay warm up there.

Stephen in northern IN....with 10 to 12 comeing in tonight

MaineDad

Yup - Had a matching K181 with magneto and pull start on the bench. Just switched flywheel, plug wire, coil and condensor and I was off to the races. I have since added a light for plowing at night that runs directly off the battery with a switch. Doesn't draw too much - plus the battery charger has residence right next to the 753 in the garage.

Have fun in the snow - I'm supposed to get 8 to 14 inches with freezing rain on top with wind gusts up to 50 mph tomorrow. I'll have the generator on stand-bye for the Patriots game :D