pj1960

Back Home With The 2 857s.

smoreau

20140117_123534.jpg

Are those white wall tires on the front! or are they painted on?

• Like 1

smoreau

link to the white wall tires thread. 

pj1960

I assume thats a factory whitewall. Ugly as crapbut holds air. I am going to try and stay interested in working on them but every time I get near thxem I want to cry knowing I could have got a good running Craftsman or something instead of these old boat anchors.

smoreau

A crapsman will never be around as long as these tractors!! There are plenty of great guys hear on :rs: that will walk you through any ?'s you will ever have. Yes it will take a little time and $, but in the end you will have a great running tractor that will last you for many years to come!  I was a lot like you years ago, but after I started using these little tractors to do work around the house, You could never get me to buy another MTD brand tractor again. There's some guys that might give you some good cash for parts, and especially those white wall tires as they are rare!

smoreau

This is a 875 that was my grandfathers that I was only 3 when he past. He bought it brand new in 1965 and when I took it over about 5 years ago, it looked A LOT WORSE then what you have there. I wish I still had a pic of it before I restored it, but they were lost in a hard drive crash. It's 49 years old and will last another 49 years with out a problem.

052.jpg

048-2.jpg

And my father enjoying a ride on his late fathers tractor :)

047-3.jpg

046-3.jpg

You will be HAPPY when you get the chance to actually use your tractor!!

pj1960

20140119_132532.jpgIts gonna be like eating an elephant. Slow and little bites but I am sticking it out. Got to admit tho these things are a long way from the near mint 257h I had. As for them tires there only one holding air the other is rotted and busted.

Interesting story about those tires. That same tractor of mine has these funny rear lights too. Not sure if they are factory.

Edited by pj1960

Wheel-N-It

You'll do just fine. Just keep chipping away at it a little at the time.

oaktown1987

Slot hitch and the Id tag under the dash on column

C-101plowerpower

I assume thats a factory whitewall. Ugly as crapbut holds air. I am going to try and stay interested in working on them but every time I get near thxem I want to cry knowing I could have got a good running Craftsman or something instead of these old boat anchors.

what? a crapsman instead of two horses? wheres me stones

Koen

• Like 1